Golisano Children's Hospital Pediatric Practice
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Our clinic is not providing asymptomatic COVID-19 testing at this time. If you are in need of COVID testing due to an exposure, recent traveling, or for testing without any signs of current illness, please call 1-888-364-3065.
To find a FREE testing site near you, you can also visit coronavirus.health.ny.gov”
The area’s largest pediatric clinic, serving over 13,000 children in the greater Rochester area.
View updates about the coronavirus pandemic, covid-19 testing and resources for families.
We are the area’s largest pediatric clinic, serving over 13,000 children in the greater Rochester area. Our practice offers exceptional healthcare services for children from birth to age 21. We also treat a variety of complicated medical conditions. We have doctors who are experts in the care of asthma, ADHD, obesity, and lead poisoning.
Our practice is grouped into four teams for you to choose from. As a patient of our practice, your child will receive comprehensive and coordinated care by one of the four teams so that a consistent group of pediatricians, resident doctors, nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and receptionists care for your child. This helps our staff to better know your child and develop a partnership of mutual responsibility and trust with your whole family for the best health outcomes.
In addition to being a full-service primary care pediatric practice, we offer a number of unique support services for patients, including:
- Real-time clinical advice: Our experienced nurses answer calls and support to our patients by providing real-time clinical advice during business hours.
- Extended hours: Appointments are available during normal business hours as well as on Wednesday evenings until 8 p.m. and on Saturday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
- Mental Health Services: Mental Health providers are integrated into the pediatric practice for preventive parenting advice, diagnostic evaluation, and short-term counseling for acute issues.
- Telemedicine: This service enables some visits to be done at Rochester City Schools and select daycare centers, rather than having your child brought into our clinic. Certain illnesses and follow-up visits can be addressed by our trained technicians who travel to schools and gather information about your child such as blood pressure, pictures of the inside of their ears, sounds in the lungs, patient behavior, and other information the provider might need. The technician sends the information back to our practice through our secure medical record system. The doctor can diagnose your child and discuss next steps with you.
- Nutrition Services: We have nutritionists on-site to meet with you and your child, here in our clinic, on certain days of the week to provide assessment and nutritional counseling for children of all sizes.
- Social Work Services: We have two full-time social workers in our clinic who can help you and your family cope with stress, solve problems, and connect with supportive community resources.
- Phlebotomy: Whenever possible, our pediatric-trained technicians and nurses do blood draws in the clinic, avoiding a trip to a lab.
- Literacy Program: Doctors and Nurse Practitioners are trained through the national "Reach Out and Read" program to develop strategies for early literacy, encourage parents to read aloud to their young children, and offer age-appropriate tips. Our goal is to give an age-appropriate book to every child, age six months to five years, to take home and keep.
On-site Support Services: Golisano Children’s Hospital Pediatric Practice is nestled in the University of Rochester Medical Center, providing convenient access to radiology (X-rays), pharmacy, laboratory services, the Emergency Department and outstanding pediatricians in the following subspecialties:
Community Outreach Programs