Visiting Hours and Policies
New York State ended its mask mandate in clinical care facilities on Feb. 13, 2023. Following state and federal guidance, Golisano Children's Hospital has developed a new policy on visitor masking and infection prevention that balances patient and staff safety with convenience.
Masking is encouraged for patients and visitors, and masks will be provided on request. In some areas where patients may be especially vulnerable, such as the Wilmot Cancer Center tower and select outpatient infusion centers and clinical areas, everyone is required to mask in all patient and public areas. Please adhere to signage in those areas and/or staff requests for you to mask.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Parent/Guardian must be present for visitors to be allowed up to a patient room.
- If a visitor is approved by the parent/guardian to visit in the absence of a parent, it must be identified ahead of time and on file in eRecord for the Ambassador staff.
- Pediatric visitors may be allowed to visit, if approved by the parent/guardian and an adult is present.
- 4 visitors at the bedside at a time.
- At the discretion of the treatment team or unit leadership, we may request a limitation of 2 people at the bedside
- Up to 2 parents/guardians may stay overnight depending on the unit. Please check with unit leadership.
Siblings of Patients
- Siblings are not permitted to visit in the Pediatric Surgical Center
- General Care – siblings are permitted providing they are supervised
- ICUs (NICU, PICU, PCCC) – Siblings (baby’s sibling) ages 3 and older are permitted for brief supervised visits, based on the acuity of the patient. There may be further restrictions at the unit level.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to spend the night unless they are the patient’s parent
- NICU Sibling Guidelines
- Siblings 3 years old and up may visit in the NICU.
- Discuss the best time for a sibling visit with your baby’s nurse.
- Siblings must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Siblings must be free of any signs of illness (runny nose, fever, cough, etc.).
- A Sibling Health Screen will be completed by a nurse before for each visit.
- Sibling visitation hours are: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Siblings may be asked to step out for rounds or change of shift if their behavior interferes with the safe exchange of information. Nursing change of shift is between 6:46-7:45 a.m. and p.m.
Only 1 parent/guardian may stay overnight.
Pediatric Emergency Department
2 parents/caregivers at a time with the patient, when volume and safety within the department permit.
Call (585) 275-7555