Make Appointments & Get Care
What is Knee Pain?
Common knee injuries and joint diseases include arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other metabolic bone diseases.
UR Medicine's Treatments for Knee Pain
Our team will work closely with you to decide which treatment options are right for you.
We use our advanced diagnostic procedures to be sure that we know the full extent of your injury. With this information, we can decide which treatment approach will have the best outcome for you.
Conditions we treat:
- ACL Injuries
- Cartilage Problems
- Jumper's Knee (Patellar Tendinitis)
- LCL Injury
- MCL Injury
- Meniscus Injury
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease
- Patellar Tracking Disorder
- Peroneal nerve entrapment
- PCL Injury
- Runner's Knee (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Sprains and Strains
- Synovial Problems
- Unstable Kneecap
- Conservative treatments: Rest, medication, and physical therapy are often the most effective ways to treat an injury.
- Injection therapy: Some conditions respond well to medication applied directly at the point of injury. Our doctors use ultrasound to guide them to exactly the right spot.
- Surgical Treatments: Using a tiny camera slipped through a small incision, our surgeons can see inside your injured joint. They watch their progress on a video monitor while they repair torn tendons and ligaments, reshape bones, or remove fragments of bone and cartilage. Our surgeons and neurosurgeons use the most advanced techniques to repair and rebuild bones and joints, treat nerve damage, or replace joints when this is the best option. In situations where there is advanced arthritis, our knee replacement specialists provide state-of-the-art care, sometimes even as an outpatient.
What Sets Us Apart?
UR Medicine's Orthopaedics & Physical Performance are national leaders in treating knee pain and injury. Our providers bring decades of experience and training in all of the most advanced treatments, and we see thousands of patients every year (according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, doctors who perform thousands of knee surgeries have the best outcomes).
Our doctors treating knee pain are fellowship-trained—the highest level of achievement in their field. For problems involving nerve damage, our Neurosurgery Department is equipped to treat even the rarest conditions.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations