Orthotics & Prosthetics
Make Appointments & Get Care
With a full-scale fabrication lab onsite and the latest computer-aided design technology at our fingertips, the staff of UR Medicine's Orthotics and Prosthetics provides the devices you need to regain the use of an arm, leg, hand, or foot.
Our state-of-the-art facility provides the most up-to-date technology to our highly skilled staff. The American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics, and Pedorthics has certified all of our senior staff members. These experienced practitioners and our team of technicians specialize in both off-the-shelf and custom devices, serving patients of all ages.
What to Expect from the Orthotics & Prosthetics
On-site fabrication allows our practitioners to retain full control over the design, fabrication and fitting process, ensuring the most comfortable and appropriate fit.
We offer a wide range of prosthetic designs and components, including:
- Preprosthetic consultations
- Immediate post-operative prostheses
- Temporary/preparatory prostheses
- Transtibial and transfemoral prostheses for all activity levels
- Ischial containment sockets, including the new MAS Socket.
- Ultralight carbon graphite composites
- CAD/CAM socket design
- Cosmetic restoration (hands/feet)
- Myoelectric arms
- Microprocessor controlled knees, including the C-Leg, Plié and Rheo Knee
Our certified practitioners provide custom-designed and fabricated devices for all orthotic needs. Most custom orthoses are available in 1-2 weeks. Pre- and post-operative thoracic-lumbar-sacral orthoses (TLSOs) are available within 24 hours.
We offer the following orthotic services:
- Pediatric orthoses
- Tone influencing ankle-foot orthoses (AFOs)
- Reciprocating gait orthoses (RGOs)
- Contracture management
- Pedorthics, including:
- Diabetic shoe inserts
- Sports orthotics
- Scoliosis bracing and management
- General spine orthotics
- Rehabilitation specialties
What Sets Us Apart?
UR Medicine Orthotics and Prosthetics is one of the region's oldest and most respected facilities of its kind. Founded in 1927, this facility provides hundreds of quality orthotic, prosthetic, and pedorthic devices to patients from all over western and central New York and Pennsylvania.
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations