Make Appointments & Get Care
The Pediatric Division of the Flaum Eye Institute is the Rochester region's most comprehensive center for pediatric eye care.
- Routine eye exams
- Management of hereditary and genetic eye disease
- Amblyopia screening
- Medical and surgical management of eye injuries
- Pediatric and adult strabismus (crossed eyes) surgery
- Treatment of pediatric inflammatory eye disease (uveitis)
- Medical and surgical management of pediatric glaucoma and cataracts
- Management of pediatric eye cancers
- Treatment of pediatric corneal disease
- Gene therapy, including administration of Luxturna for the RPE65 gene
UR Medicine's Approach
We provide the most basic eye care and screenings for children of all ages as well as for adults who have strabismus (misaligned eyes). Our team includes specialists who are used to taking care of children with complex eye problems or ocular manifestations of complex systemic disorders.
Our experts offer advanced care and surgery for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Rare genetic eye diseases
- Pediatric cataract and glaucoma
- Strabismus in children and adults
- Tear duct problems
We also provide testing and examination under anesthesia when required.
What Sets Us Apart?
Our Pediatric Division is the most complete in the Rochester region and is a national center of excellence.
Directed by internationally renowned specialist, Dr. Alex V. Levin, our team is deeply involved with research. We collaborate with scientists and clinicians to discover the causes and latest treatments for blinding diseases.
We also train medical students, residents, fellows, and faculty from around the world.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations