Are You Coming to a UR Medicine Hospital?
Our primary goal at UR Medicine is to provide the best quality of care in an environment that is safe for everyone. To protect our patients and their loved ones, we must manage their exposure to any illnesses that are easily spread. Just as we carefully monitor flu activity levels in our hospitals and the community each year, we now must monitor the potential spread of COVID-19.
Zero Visitation at UR Medicine Hospitals
In keeping with guidelines issued by the Monroe County Department of Public Health, UR Medicine hospitals have implemented a zero-visitation policy to further our efforts to protect patients and staff from the spread of COVID-19.
Visitors are no longer permitted with these exceptions:
- One guardian (the same guardian) for pediatric patients for the duration of their hospital admission.
- One support person for obstetric patients is permitted to be present during labor, and throughout the post-partum period until discharge.
- Once the support person arrives on the unit, they will be screened for symptoms, including temperature. Those with symptoms will be asked to leave the hospital. These screening measures will be completed twice daily throughout the hospitalization.
- The support person MUST remain with their patient continually and cannot leave the patient’s room without the patient at any time. Please note, there will be NO exceptions – this includes leaving to smoke or get food. If someone smokes, it is recommended to bring nicotine replacement with them.
- A guest meal for the support person will be delivered to the patient’s room with the patient’s tray, at no extra charge.
Rest assured, staff are working with each family to stay in touch via FaceTime, Skype, phone, and email.
At Strong Memorial Hospital, parking is available in the ramp garage; valet parking is not available at this time.
At Highland Hospital, parking is available in the ramp garage. Patients seeking oncology care will continue to use the North Lot.
Coming to the Emergency Department
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms, use the self-assessment tool to help determine if you need to seek further care.
Please call the UR Medicine COVID-19 support line at 1-888-928-0011 or contact your health care provider BEFORE visiting the Emergency Department.
If you are directed to come to the Emergency Department by a health care provider, our care teams will prepare for your arrival and minimize risk to other patients and staff.
Visitors in the Emergency Department
No visitors are allowed with adult patients in the Emergency Department. Only one visitor may accompany pediatric patients.
If you’re driving a patient to the Emergency Department, please bring them to the entrance and plan to leave the hospital campus until you are contacted to pick up the patient.
At Strong Memorial Hospital, there is no parking at the Emergency Department. There is short-term parking available in Lot 5 on East Drive. This lot is being used as a “cell phone lot” for caregivers use until a patient’s discharge is complete. Caregivers are encouraged to park and wait in Lot 5 until contacted to pick up the patient.
At Highland Hospital, parking is available in the ramp garage.
Visitor Access at the University of Rochester Medical Center
Until further notice, visitors must use the following entrances at Strong Memorial Hospital:
- Main Lobby entrance (open 24/7)
- First floor garage entryway (5 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Golisano Children’s Hospital & Wilmot Cancer Center main entrances (6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Outpatients with scheduled appointments at Flaum Eye Institute, the Mental Health & Wellness center and Eastman Dental Center may use entrances to those clinics. Other Medical Center entrances will be available for employees with UR identification badges.