Teledentistry for Nursing Homes & Senior Living Facilities
How can teledentistry help your residents?
Teledentistry is a safe way to help your residents keep their smiles as healthy as possible. Current safety restrictions are leading to increased oral health problems among nursing home residents – but teledentistry makes it possible for patients to safely get dental hygiene care right where they live. When caught early, oral disease can be reversed or managed with appropriate measures provided by the dental hygienist.
How does teledentistry for nursing homes work?
Teledentistry for nursing homes is dental hygiene care provided either on-site or remotely, using special equipment. Eastman Dental is providing two different methods of teledentistry for nursing homes. Our dental hygienist can come to your location and provide an oral exam. Or we can train your staff to use our intra-oral camera and send photos to our dentists.
What are the benefits of teledentistry?
- Convenience! Care is provided on-site at your facility, so staff and residents don’t need to travel for dental appointments.
- Dental examinations and hygiene services are provided right where patients live, in a comfortable and familiar setting.
- Improved access to dental care for patients with limited mobility.
- Reduced risk of exposure to germs, COVID, flu, and/or airborne illnesses.
- Improved quality of life by reducing pain and preventing disease.
Give your residents access to better oral health and quality of life.
Together, we can safely deliver dental care directly to those in need, where they need it, and give them something to smile about. Contact us for a consultation.
Download our brochure to learn more
Looking to schedule a consultation for your facility? Email EIOHTeledentistry@urmc.rochester.edu or call (585) 273-5235.