Why Choose Our Program?
Our 2-year fellowship is designed for physicians who are enthusiastic about all domains of intensive care, who intend to practice critical care apart from pulmonary medicine, and who aspire to develop into health system leaders. Key features of our program that enable our fellows to thrive at the University of Rochester include…
- VOLUME: Our academic health system is the tertiary care referral center for the entire upstate New York region. UR Medicine spans 7 counties and includes 8 hospitals, 2 skilled nursing facilities, 11 urgent care centers, and 45 primary care practices.
- SCOPE: Our fellows master the spectrum of critical care by working in the medical, surgical, burn/trauma, neuromedicine, and cardiac intensive care units of our university hospital and in the mixed medical-surgical units of our community partners.
- CROSS-TRAINING: Our trainees routinely work with faculty intensivists from internal medicine, emergency medicine, anesthesia, neurology, and surgery, while many core didactics are collaborative with the institution's four other critical care fellowships.
- ACADEMICS: Our university environment offers fellows a wealth of opportunities to pursue formal teaching experiences with various health professional trainees, to engage in quality improvement, and to perform bench or clinical research.
- CULTURE: Our institution and program are distinguished by a supportive, collegial atmosphere. We work hard, but we do so as a team with a positive attitude. Providers, nurses, and other caregivers are always ready to lend a hand. We're all in it together!
Message from the Director