Our fellowship is designed for physicians seeking an exceptional, academic primary care based sports medicine experience. We prepare board eligible or certified primary care physicians to become academic sports medicine specialists.
Building upon your medical knowledge and expertise, your assigned responsibilities will involve:
- Serving as an internal sports medicine consultant at Highland Family Medicine
- Rotations in Primary Care Sports Medicine, MSK radiology, Physical therapy, Physiatry / Spine (including chiropractic), Sports Orthopaedic Surgery (including hip and shoulder), Hand Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery (including podiatry), Pediatric Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction, Rheumatology, Sports Concussion
- Event Physician for endurance events including the Can Lake 50 Ultra Marathon and Cayuga Lake Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound and compartment pressure testing
- Extensive participation as a team physician including game coverage and training room for a local college and a high school sports team:
- St. John Fisher College Football, NCAA Div. 3 (NCAA Quarter finalists 3 of the past 8 years)
- Penfield High School
- Opportunities for coverage with other colleges, professional hockey, lacrosse, baseball and soccer teams and professional boxing are available, Your will attend weekly sports medicine didactic conference and monthly hip, MSK radiology and concussion care team meetings. We have an innovative Sports Medicine in the News curriculum.
Learn More Program Highlights