The AIR Division has a robust research program including basic science projects, translational research, and clinical studies. Our faculty also collaborate with investigators in multiple other departments within the medical center affording fellows quite diverse research opportunities. Fellows receive protected time to pursue a project during their fellowship under the guidance of a mentor of their choice. Fellows present their findings at national conferences and/or through journal publications. For more information on the Division’s research endeavors, visit our Research site.
- Dr. Kalyna Jakibchuk: Prospective study of the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Dr. Hung Trinh: Conversion of M. Tuberculosis screening tests in patients treated with TNF-α Inhibitors
- Dr. Alicia Lieberman: Differential cytokine and chemokine expression in the skin of patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Dr. Jessica Patel: Medication adherence and the risk of hospitalization in lupus patients.
- Dr. Jennifer Barnas: Pathophysiology of lupus with a focus on nephritis.
Fellow Presentations at National Meetings
- Decreased Medication Adherence Is a Major Cause for Increased Risk of Hospitalizations Among High Risk Lupus Patients. Thirukumaran, C, McCarthy, K, Patel, J and Anandarajah, A 2017 Nov ACR Annual Meeting
- Incidence of Conversion of Screening Tests for M. Tuberculosis (PPD, GIF-release assay) in a Metropolitan Cohort of Patients Treated with TNF-α Inhibitors. Trinh, H 2017 Oct ACR Meeting.
Incidence of Conversion of Screening Tests for M. Tuberculosis (PPD, GIF-release assay) in a Metropolitan Cohort of Patients Treated with TNF-α Inhibitors. Trinh, H and Tabechian, D 2018 Oct ACR Annual Meeting