Since 1994, the PhD program in Health Services Research and Policy in the Department of Public Health Sciences has been highly successful in preparing students to become scholars for research, teaching, and public service careers in university, public policy, and governmental settings.
Our PhD program has also been designated as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) program since 2010. Set within a large medical center with all its clinical research resources and collaborative faculty, our program focuses on interdisciplinary application of the social and behavioral science disciplines to real world health issues such as the organization, financing, and delivery of health care; the quality and safety of care; health outcomes; and the management of population health.
Read A Welcome Message from the Director
- Our PhD program is designed to produce researchers who generate knowledge and strategies used in solving healthcare problems.
- Interdisciplinary courses, research and teaching, provide candidates with a broad range of skills.
- Our Ph.D. can be combined with other degrees such as the M.P.H. or M.D.
- Stipends, tuition grants, training and travel expenses are provided for doctoral study.
- The program prepares students for a career in academia, government or the private sector.
- Our PhD program exists within the Department of Public Health Sciences, which also houses MS programs in Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Services Research, and Clinical Investigations, and a PhD program in Epidemiology.
For information related to the doctoral degree program in Health Services Research and Policy, please contact:
Yue Li, PhD, Director
Health Services Research and Policy Doctoral Program
Department of Public Health Sciences
University of Rochester Medical Center
Office: (585) 275-3276
Fax: (585) 461-4532