Funding and Housing Details
- Each summer program offers a stipend of $450 per week.
- Housing will be provided in the University dorms for 10 weeks (if needed) at no charge – see Summer Housing for further details.
- Parking is available for a small fee for those students interested in commuting or having a car on the premises.
- Luncheons, select group trips to area attractions and various social activities will be provided at no charge to summer trainees.
- Travel reimbursement may be available to students who qualify.
Summer trainees traveling from outside of the Rochester local area, will reside on campus at the University of Rochester. The University provides shuttle bus service for students that need weekend transportation during the summer months in Rochester. Roommate assignments are announced via email in early May (no co-ed assignments).
Other things you should know:
- A laundry facility and a service desk are located in the building.
- You will need to bring your own linens - sheets to fit an extra-long twin bed, a pillow, blanket and towels.
- Kitchens are available but you will need to bring your own plate, bowl, cup, silverware and basic cooking items and utensils, if you plan to cook.
- The dorms are not air conditioned; you may want to bring or buy a fan.
- Parking in a nearby lot is available for a nominal fee, for students that wish to bring their cars for the summer.
- Smoking and pets are not permitted in any of the University’s housing facilities. The University of Rochester Medical Center is a Smoke Free environment. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Medical Center Grounds, including parking lots.
- University Transportation Services provides campus shuttle bus service for students through the Rochester Transit Service. A University ID is required to ride these shuttles at no charge.
- The Goergen Athletic Center, which features an 11,000-square-foot fitness/weight facility, will be available for summer student use for a small fee.