Skip to main content


Care Network

The CARE Network enables members of the University community to express their concern about a person, incident, or issue by submitting one of the following reports online:

  • CARE Referral
  • Bias-Related Incident Report
  • Community Concern Report

Make a referral or submit a report initiates a review process and/or coordinated response involving the appropriate individuals, staff, and offices. 

To Learn More See The CARE Network Website

Access Services & Supports

The Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs offers a variety of access services for School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD) preparatory program trainees (includes Bridges, Summer Scholars, PREP, and unpaid interns/shadows); matriculated, non-matriculated, and visiting graduate students; and postdoctoral appointees (“trainees” collectively). These services aim to provide an inclusive experience and equal access to training program requirements. Activities may include: classes, lab and other research activities, meetings related to the training program, University-sponsored professional development, social, and networking activities, and approved conferences/events related to the training program. Our approach relies on collaboration among trainees, the SMD access coordinator, and instructors/other faculty members.

To Learn More See The Access Services & Supports Website

Ombudspersons Program

While graduate, postdoctoral, and pre-graduate study are exciting and intellectually stimulating times in a trainee’s career, occasionally problems arise. There are many people to whom trainees can turn for advice when facing problems: faculty advisor(s), committee members, graduate program director, department chair, Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs. However, sometimes trainees may feel unable to approach any of these people for help, and this is when a trainee should turn to the Ombudsperson.

To Learn More See The Ombudspersons Program Website

Sexual Misconduct and Title IX

The University of Rochester is committed to creating a safe and supportive environment where all members of our community are treated with dignity and respect.

Here you will find information and resources available on campus and beyond to anyone who has experienced sex or gender discrimination, including sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, and intimate partner violence.

To Learn More See The Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Website

Summer Scholar Checklist   checkmark icon

Download checklist 


Locate your URID (aka UID, student ID)

Your University of Rochester ID (URID) may be found on your Applicant Status Page at the top, in parenthesis after your name.


Initialize your Accounts

Visit to initialize your URMC Active Directory (AD Account/username) and NetID.  You will need your URID to login. Through this process you will enroll in DUO mobile which is the two-factor authentication system that will help to verify your identity and allow you to access systems at the University. For a guide in completing this step reference 


Locate your URMC account and email

Your URMC account information along with instructions for access can be found in your Application Portal in late Spring. Once the information has been added, you will receive an email from the Grad_Registrar office. If you have issues gaining access please contact Miner Library Computing Center at 585-275-6865 or by email at


Enroll in Duo

For security purposes, if you are not connected to the University network, you will be required to use two-factor authentication (Duo) to verify your identity and access the system. Please note, if you have already Initialized your accounts, you are signed up for DUO.

If you are not already enrolled in Duo, click here:

For tutorials on how to install Duo, to add additional devices, or any questions you may have in regard to Duo navigate to



All Summer Scholars participants who will reside in on-campus housing will need to fill out the housing application as soon as possible in order to secure their spot. The application can be found here


Set up Direct Deposit in HRMS

Once you have activated your NetID and enrolled in Duo, you will be able to log into our Human Resources Management System (HRMS) in order to set up your direct deposit information to receive your stipend payments in the quickest way possible. You can find the enrollment page under Main Menu - Self Service -Payroll and Compensation once you have successfully logged in.


Sign up for Alert UR

AlertUR is an emergency notification system that allows for mass dissemination of critical information via voice, text, and e-mail to students, faculty and staff in all University Divisions and Medical Center. This system alerts recipients about emergency events and supplements our already established emergency communication methods. 


Complete Laboratory Safety Training for Biological/Chemical/Animal Research Laboratories

You will receive instructions via email on how to register to complete your trainings via MyPath. Please check with your lab mentor to determine any additional safety trainings you may need to complete. 


Intellectual Property Agreements

The University requires everyone who has technical responsibilities to the University or who participates in an internally or externally sponsored research program at the University to execute an Intellectual Property Agreement (IPA). Each graduate program is responsible for securing execution of the IPA at the outset of the student’s program.

The completed forms should be forwarded to ORPA prior to the time that the student begins the program.

 IP Form Link | ORPA policy link


Access Services and Support

The Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs offers a variety of access services for graduate students in the School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD). These services aim to provide an inclusive experience and equal access to academic content and program requirements. Our approach relies on collaboration among trainees, the SMD access coordinator, and instructors/other faculty members.


Get University Identification Card

Students will be brought to the ID Office to obtain their ID cards as part of orientation. The ID Office staff will take your photo and provide you with a laminated, clip-on ID card. Please note that display of an ID card is required for all members of the University while on Campus. Please be sure to bring a government form of ID with you for verification. 


Get a parking permit for your vehicle

To obtain a parking permit, please fill out a parking registration form and submit the form to Ben Lovell by 5/15. For more info about biking on campus visit: Don’t risk a parking ticket!


Ask questions and let us know if we can help!

The Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs is a service office dedicated to providing our graduate students and postdoctoral appointees with the highest quality service possible. If you need information about the school, your program or obtaining various University services, please let us know. We are here to help YOU!