APP Fellowship Program in Emergency Medicine
Applications for the 2024-2025 fellowship class will be accepted, starting on January 1, 2024.
Application is in PDF format
The APP Fellowship Program in Emergency Medicine at Strong Memorial Hospital is a 1 year post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners (Family Nurse Practitioners preferred) and Physician Assistants. The program is 75% clinical and 25% didactic and includes side-by-side education with the UR Medicine Emergency Medicine Physician Residency Program.
The APP Fellowship includes a core program of emergency medicine and also several specialty rotations meant to enhance emergency provider education, including cardiology, neurology and toxicology, among others. Emergency medicine rotations include experiences in the Adult and Pediatric ED at Strong Memorial Hospital, Strong ED Observation Unit, as well as rotations at auxiliary locations including urgent care clinics and our off-campus ED, Strong West.
APP Fellowship Benefits
- APP Fellows are offered full employee benefits including CME allowance and paid vacation.
- The Fellowship program provides the following certifications:
- Upon successful completion of the program, Fellows may be offered full-time medical staff positions in the ED.
- Fellowship applicants should be new graduate or early-career nurse practitioners or physician assistants with a strong interest in emergency medicine.
- Applicants must be license-eligible in New York State.
- A complete application includes a current resume or curriculum vitae, official academic transcript, 2 professional references (clinical & academic), and a letter of interest.
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 fellowship year is March 1, 2024 and interviews will be conducted in late March–early April 2024.