About the Program
The one-year emergency ultrasound Fellowship is administered by the Department of Emergency Medicine.
The focus of this program is to develop physicians with expert skills and knowledge in emergency ultrasound who will serve as educators, researchers, or administrators in emergency ultrasound.
Curricular objectives that the fellow is expected to complete during their program include:
- Develop the knowledge and skill set of an outstanding practitioner in emergency ultrasound in the following domains:
- Psychomotor skills
- Image interpretation
- Integration of data into real-time patient clinical management
- Develop research skills
- Develop educational skills
- Develop administrative skills
- ABEM’s Focused Practice Designation (FPD) in Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasonography. We are currently pursuing accreditation through the Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship Accreditation Council (EUFAC).