2081 West Ridge Road
Rochester, NY 14626
Fax (585) 227-4608
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−5 p.m.
We provide 24-hour telephone coverage for emergencies and urgent problems. Please call your doctor’s number and the answering service will have the doctor call you back.
Welcome UR Medicine Primary Care - West Ridge. We are an Internal Medicine Practice providing medical care for adult patients over the age of 18.
Since we are part of UR Medicine Primary Care, we work closely with the region's top specialists at UR Medicine.
Our goals are simple: We want to provide you with the highest quality medical care and make every visit to our practice as positive and satisfying as possible.
- Routine physical exams and health screenings
- Sick visits
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases (such as diabetes and high blood pressure)
- Same-day appointments
- Immunizations and flu shots
- Prescribing medication and refills
We feel that it is important for you to be seen by a doctor who knows you and understands your concerns. That's why we'll do our best to make sure that you can see a doctor when it's convenient for you. If your doctor is not available when you call for an appointment, you may be offered an appointment with one of our physician assistants. We offer same day appointments for patients with urgent problems.
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- To save time, fill out our new patient form and bring it with you.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
What to Bring
- Your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages), including any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months.
- Any forms that need to be completed.
Please allow 24 hours for all prescription refills. Call your pharmacy and ask them to transmit the refill request to us electronically or fax the refill request to us at (585) 227-4608. The pharmacy will provide us with all the information needed to refill your prescription.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room and have the hospital notify our office or the physician on call.
Most insurance plans require prior approval of all emergency room visits. Please call our office before obtaining these services.
Co-payments should be made at the time of your visit. You can pay with cash, personal check or credit card, or you can pay your hospital or physician bill online at Pay a Bill.
If you have questions regarding your bill, please call the number listed on the bill and the staff will be happy to answer your questions.
We accept most types of insurance including Excellus Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Preferred Care, Aetna, Medicare, Medicaid as well as others.
Please notify our office if your insurance coverage changes. Bring your insurance card with you to your appointment; we will need the new information printed on your insurance card.
We are committed to providing excellent health care for everyone. Financial hardships should never stop you from getting the medical care you need. We offer financial assistance to individuals who are unable to pay medical bills. If you feel you need help, please call our customer service staff at (585) 758-7650 or out of area toll free 1-888-925-4301.