601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Monday−Friday 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
Your dedicated pharmacist and medication access specialist work with your provider team to help start your specialty medicine and support your care plan.
Pharmacists are medication experts who help patients use medicine safely. We help you understand what to expect with your medicine like how it works, how to take it, side effects, if it is safe with other medicines and any special handling. We are part of your healthcare team and may help you in clinic, on the phone, or through MyChart.
Medication access specialists (MAS) work closely with pharmacists to help safely dispense medicine at an affordable cost. We speak to you on the phone or through MyChart to help with insurance, copay costs, refills, and deliveries.
Talk to your doctor or nurse about using UR Medicine Specialty Pharmacy today!
Patient & Visitor Information
We serve patients seeing doctors in:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Allergy, Immunology, & Rheumatology
Personalized, Professional Prescription Services
- We work with your doctor to make sure you get the right drug in the right dose, and with you to check your response and watch for side effects.
- We are experts on the diseases that need specialty drug plans. These medicines are not usually available from your neighborhood drug store. We offer disease-specific programs that support your treatment.
- We work with your insurer to get your prescription covered and connect you with assistance programs to lower co-pay costs whenever possible.
- We offer free delivery to your home or you can pick up your medicine at our Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy location or the UR Medicine Employee Pharmacy.
- We make sure you understand your prescriptions and the instructions on how to use them.
- We will call to remind you when your prescription will run out so you won't miss a refill. You can also ask for refills through MyChart.
- We are available anytime at 1-855-340-4767 to answer urgent questions about your medications. We can respond through MyChart for non-urgent questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your specialty pharmacy team will call you before your prescription runs out to set up your next refill. They will confirm the co-pay amount when scheduling the refill. Please call (585) 273-4767 or 1-855-340-4767 (toll-free) to check the status of the refill, have questions about the prescription claim, or with any other questions.
You can fill here if you see a University of Rochester affiliated provider, have UR employee prescription insurance, or live in a state where we are licensed.
If you cannot get a prescription at our pharmacy, your pharmacy team will work with you and another pharmacy to be sure you get your prescription. If you want your prescription sent to another pharmacy, call and ask us to transfer your prescription for you.
Call your specialty pharmacy team if you are not able to afford your prescription. They will work with your doctor, advocacy support, and the social worker to find other options if available.
We will notify you if there will be a delay in shipment. We will work with your doctor to get your prescription from a pharmacy that does have it as soon as possible in the event of an emergency, disaster, or delay.
We will call you if your drug or device is part of an FDA recall and mail a letter if we are not able to reach you. You can call us with any questions or concerns.
If there is a generic form, New York State law requires us to give a generic product, unless the doctor writes "dispense as written" on the prescription.