Center For Inflammatory Bowel Disease
In the midst of the Monroe County Covid-19 crisis URMC has initiated a pandemic response. URMC is postponing all elective procedures and clinic visits. A provider has reviewed your appointment and you will be called with further direction. If you miss our call, please make sure you are checking your voicemail. If you do not receive a phone call or message, call our office before you come for your scheduled visit at (585) 275-4711.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease, or IBD, is a chronic disease that causes inflammation of the colon and small intestine. It can result in pain, diarrhea, weight loss and other serious issues. The two main types of IBD are Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
The causes of IBD are uncertain. With its frequently severe symptoms and random flare-ups, IBD is an especially challenging disease for many patients.
Under Director Lawrence Saubermann, M.D., the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at URMC provides new hope for those with IBD.
- The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only center in the region that specializes in the treatment of IBD.
- We use a multidisciplinary approach involving doctors from gastroenterology, rheumatology, pathology, dermatology, radiology and surgery to find the best treatment for you.
- We are the only center in the area that is actively involved in research to determine better approaches to the treatment of IBD.
- We are experienced in all current treatments for IBD, including medications, lifestyle modifications and surgery.
- Through our involvement with clinical trials, we are able to give patients access to advanced treatments that are not yet widely available.
If you are struggling with IBD, call the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at URMC for compassionate, state-of-the-art care: (585) 275-4711.