The URMC Pituitary Program provides the region’s most advanced and comprehensive care to patients with pituitary and hypothalamic disorders. As part of a leading academic medical center, we bring together a comprehensive team of specialists from several areas of medicine to provide the best clinical care for our patients.
Amy's Story - Pituitary Tumor - Prolactinoma
Why Choose URMC Neurosurgery?
- Our program is the largest referral program in NY state and the only one within 300 miles of Rochester that provides true multidisciplinary care to patients with Pituitary disorders.
- Our team evaluates all disorders affecting the function of the pituitary gland and hypothalamus and coordinates all aspects of care.
- The program is able to offer simultaneous neurosurgical and endocrinologic evaluation for patients. Patients also have access to a complete team of specialists in radiation oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, neurology, reproductive medicine and genetic counseling as part of the program.
- Our team offers patients and family members the caring support they need throughout their treatment and actively supports the Pituitary Network of America
- We are part of Rochester Neurosurgery Partners, a region wide initiative that includes Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, Rochester General Hospital and Unity Hospital & outpatient locations throughout upstate NY.
For Medical Providers: Dr. G. Edward Vates, along with other panelist were featured on Second Opinion. The topic of discussion was "Pituitary Gland Tumors Can Be Hard To Diagnose". Please click here to view this video.
For Medical Providers: Download this summary handout on Pituitary Tumors including lab testing and other information.
For Patients: Download our Pituitary Tumor Brochure.