The People Who Serve You
The Heart and Soul of Noyes Health
At Noyes, everyone in the organization—our board of directors, our administrators, the doctors, nurses, and entire support staff—works together for your benefit.
We want every aspect of your experience here to support your health and wellness. You'll feel the difference at Noyes, from the big things down to the little ones- because we know how important a smile, a reassuring word, or a gentle touch can be.
At Noyes Health, we are proud of the highly trained, knowledgeable and dedicated physicians and nurse practitioners who are so crucial in upholding our tradition of healthcare excellence.
These healthcare providers strive to meet our goal for exceptionally personalized patient care—like everyone at Noyes they keep the focus on you. Representing a wide range of specialties and subspecialties, they have expertise and experience to provide you with the highest standard of care.
The nursing care at Noyes is fueled by the compassion and clinical expertise of over 150 staff members including RNs (Registered Professional Nurses), LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurses), CNAs (Certified Nurse Aides) and STs (Surgical Technicians).
The RN is responsible for the coordination of patient care and is often the direct caregiver. The RN assesses the patient’s response to medication, treatment and interventions and communicates that response to the physician. LPNs, CNAs and STs are vital members of the patient care team who work under the supervision of the RNs.
Nursing care is provided using evidence based standards, i.e. care is modeled after research-tested and proven practices with demonstrated positive clinical outcomes.
Safety and quality are at the forefront of every interaction with patients. In addition to continuing education for the nursing staff, safety and quality initiatives are supported by technology when appropriate.
As a patient, you can expect the nursing staff to manage your immediate symptoms including control of pain, to educate you and your family regarding your illness and your medications and to assist in planning for your discharge.
In addition to photo ID tags, the staff wear color coded scrubs in all areas, except the OR and the Birthing Center, to help patients and family know the skill of their caregiver. RNs wear navy scrubs, LPNs wear maroon scrubs and CNAs wear green scrubs.
There are many other professionals, with various areas of expertise, who contribute to your care as well. Some of these are people you may meet, while others remain behind the scenes—but all of them are dedicated to your health and well being.
- Technicians from the laboratory and radiology department may visit you in your room, or you may be transported to their facilities, depending on the types of tests ordered by your doctor.
- The food and nutrition department will prepare and deliver your meals, based on a diet specified by your doctor. If you require a special diet, a certified dietician or diet technician will meet with you to discuss your needs.
- Physical or occupational therapy may be ordered by your physician and be part of your daily routine.
Board of Directors
Our organization is governed by a volunteer board of directors who represent the communities of Livingston and surrounding counties, and UR Medicine.
The board members bring diverse backgrounds and talents to the organization. They set Noyes Health's strategic direction and are constantly advocating for the hospital, patients, and families.
UR Medicine Noyes Health Board of Directors
- Richard Rizzieri, Chairperson
- Matt Cole, First Vice Chairperson
- Lindsay Quintilone, Second Vice Chairperson
- Domenick Martello, Past Chairperson
- Barbara Frazer, Treasurer
- Marilyn M. Moore, Secretary
- J. Chad Teeters, M.D., President & CEO, UR Medicine Noyes Health
- James Culbertson
- Joan Flender, M.D.
- Steven Goldstein, President & CEO, Strong and Highland Hospitals
- Steve Harrison
- Douglas B. Mayhle, M.D., Medical Director
- Robert McCann, M.D., Chair of Medicine, Highland Hospital; CEO, Accountable Health Partners
- John Quinlan
- Ahsen Sheikh, M.D., President, Noyes Health Medical Staff
- Bernard Sweeney, M.D.
- Mark Taubman, M.D., CEO, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Brian Foresman, M.D., President-elect, Noyes Health Medical Staff