Noyes Health Auxiliary
A Tradition of Caring and Sharing
The Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1952 with the original mission to give patient service. Today's Auxiliary focuses its efforts on fundraising projects to support Noyes Health and benefit the community.
Auxiliary Membership Requirements
To fulfill membership requirements, each active member of the Auxiliary is asked to participate in at least one fundraising event each year. The Auxiliary projects are described below. All members are kept informed of upcoming events through the Auxiliary Newsletter. Patronage of the events by all Auxiliary members is encouraged and appreciated. Membership applications are available in the Spice Box Gift Shop.
Auxiliary Donations to Noyes Hospital
The proceeds of the Auxiliary fundraisers are donated to Noyes Hospital. The most recent donations are:
- 2017 - $60,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the fourth payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $258,500 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge.
- 2016 - $65,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the third payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $198,000 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge. An additional $10,000 was donated to Noyes Health from the proceeds of "A Night for Noyes," $2500 of which was designated to underwrite a dressing room in the Ann and Carl Myers Cancer Center.
- 2015 - $56,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This was the 2nd payment toward our $305,500 pledge. An additional $10,000 was set aside for a new computer program for the Spice Box Gift Shop.
- 2014 - $75,000 for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the first payment toward the Auxiliary's four-year commitment to donate $305,500 to the Emergency Department for all the patient rooms, the waiting area and the furniture in the waiting area.
- 2013 - $95,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment and flooring on the Medical/Surgical unit
- 2012 - $103,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, 40 Lifeline units, a bladder scanner, a bariatric bed and a blood pressure monitor
- 2011 - $57,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, cardiac rehab equipment, supplies for mental health, and childbirth education books
Scholarships for Healthcare Education
In 1977, the Auxiliary established a scholarship program. Today, Noyes Auxiliary provides up to $5,000 in scholarships each year to high school seniors in the Noyes Health service area interested in careers in a health-related field. The scholarship recipients for 2017 were announced at the Auxiliary Dinner Meeting in April. The recipients were Alison Meyers, Geneseo Central School; Elizabeth Redman, Livonia High School; Kristin Talbot, Hornell High School; and Mikayla Tillotson, Pavilion High School. Alison plans to attend Middlebury College with the goal of becoming a Pediatric Neurologist. Elizabeth (also known as Lily) plans to attend Nazareth college and become a Speech/Language Pathologist. Kristin plans to attend RIT and become a Physician's Assistant. Mikayla will be attending St. John Fisher to become a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant.
An additional $300 in scholarships is given to graduating students of the Health Careers Academy, part of the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership.
- Academic Excellence Award - Emily Burke
- Clinical Excellence Award - Brook Nahalka
- Citizenship Award - Jesse Gunn
Visit the Noyes Health Auxiliary Scholarship webpage.
Ice Cream for Noyes Health Employees
To express thanks to Noyes Health employees who are very supportive of the Auxiliary's projects, especially the Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar, the Auxiliary provides ice cream sundaes to all employees during Hospital Week in May. Employees at Noyes Health Services in Geneseo, Noyes Dialysis Center, Noyes Mental Health and Creekside Family Medicine also enjoy the ice cream.
All proceeds from the following auxiliary projects benefit Noyes Health
Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar
Our Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar is located in the main lobby of the Hospital and is staffed by volunteers who work 3 to 5-hour shifts. Great coffee, snacks, sandwiches, beverages, fresh flowers, balloons, and a wide variety of gift items are available. The Spice Box was voted “Best Gift Shop in Dansville” in 2014 according to a Genesee Country Express survey.
Hours are: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays during November and December.
Phone orders are welcome and most major credit cards are accepted. Phone: (585) 335-4288.
The Auxiliary also provides a coffee cart with treats in the Registration area from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Volunteers are always needed in these two areas. Call Christa Barrows at (585) 335-4358 to volunteer.
Chip in Fore Noyes
This popular fundraising event is held at a local golf course each year during the third week of July. Noyes Health vendors, community golfers and businesses support it. Download the Chip in Fore Noyes application form.
Monday, July 15, 2019
FarView Golf Course
2419 Avon Geneseo Road
Avon, NY 14414
Held at the Hospital the first week of May, the very successful flower sale offers the community a great variety of hanging baskets, annuals and perennials at terrific pricing. Perfect for Mother's Day!! This year's Flower Sale will be held Thursday, May 10, from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. The flower tent will be set up adjacent to the Brae Burn Golf Course parking lot.
1/4 Mile Kids Run
The Dansville 1/4 Mile Kids Run will be held in June. This event promotes wellness, exercise and fun competition for the youth, ages 3 to 11 in our community. The event is held in conjunction with the Dansville Teachers' Association and with support from local businesses. Applications for the run are available in the Dansville Primary and Elementary school offices, as well as at the switchboard at Noyes Hospital in May.
Tree of Lights
Members of the community may recognize or remember a loved one by making a $5 donation for an angel ornament on the Christmas trees displayed in the Hospital's Registration Lobby, the Saunders Surgical Center and Noyes Health Services in Geneseo. The loved one's name is placed on the angel, as well as in a memorial book. View the Tree of Lights donation form.
Collective Goods Sale
Every November, Noyes Health Auxiliary hosts a Collective Goods (formerly Books are Fun) sale in the Conference Center. Check Collective Goods to see the selection of books plus the other items that will be available. The sale will be held Thursday, November 7, 2018. Just in time for the holidays!
The Auxiliary sponsors a Craft Boutique in early December in the lobby by the Hospital Communications Desk. In 2018, the sale will be held December 6-8. You can buy handmade gifts for your entire holiday gift giving here. Auxiliary members, Noyes employees, and friends of the Auxiliary craft baby gifts, holiday decorations, jewelry, baskets and afghans. Items might be crocheted, knitted, felted, sewn, paper crafted or wooden. Many are one of a kind and are always unique!
Follow us on Facebook! Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar