Noyes Health Auxiliary
A Tradition of Caring and Sharing
The Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1952 with the original mission to give patient service. Today's Auxiliary focuses its efforts on fundraising projects to support Noyes Health and benefit the community.
Auxiliary Membership Requirements
To fulfill membership requirements, each active member of the Auxiliary is asked to participate in at least one fundraising event each year. The Auxiliary projects are described below. All members are kept informed of upcoming events through the Auxiliary Newsletter. Patronage of the events by all Auxiliary members is encouraged and appreciated. Click here to download a membership application, or you can pick one up in the Spice Box Gift Shop.
Auxiliary Donations to Noyes Hospital
The proceeds of the Auxiliary fundraisers are donated to Noyes Hospital. The most recent donations are:
2022 - $15,000 was given for the purchase of a fetal monitor. A $15,000 goal was set for the Chip in Fore Noyes Golf Tournament for the purchase of a second fetal monitor.
2021 - The remainder of the $75,000 pledge due for the portable x-ray machine ($15,000) was paid off in January through the joint efforts of the Auxiliary and Empire Realty Group. The Auxiliary thanks Empire Realty for donating the entire proceeds of their share of the virtual golf tournament held in August and September to the Auxiliary.
2020 - $60,000 was given for a portable x-ray machine. Eight cell phone chargers were installed in the Emergency Dept waiting room, Surgical Dept, OB, 3rd Floor nurses station, Ann & Carl Myers Cancer Center and the Cafeteria. The Floral Display cooler and the small refrigerator were replaced in the Spice Box Gift Shop.
- 2019 - Final $48,000 made to the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. Total pledge was $305,000.
- 2018 - $60,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department pledge.
- 2017 - $60,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the fourth payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $258,500 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge.
- 2016 - $65,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the third payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $198,000 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge. An additional $10,000 was donated to Noyes Health from the proceeds of "A Night for Noyes," $2500 of which was designated to underwrite a dressing room in the Ann and Carl Myers Cancer Center.
- 2015 - $56,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This was the 2nd payment toward our $305,500 pledge. An additional $10,000 was set aside for a new computer program for the Spice Box Gift Shop.
- 2014 - $75,000 for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the first payment toward the Auxiliary's four-year commitment to donate $305,500 to the Emergency Department for all the patient rooms, the waiting area and the furniture in the waiting area.
- 2013 - $95,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment and flooring on the Medical/Surgical unit
- 2012 - $103,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, 40 Lifeline units, a bladder scanner, a bariatric bed and a blood pressure monitor
- 2011 - $57,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, cardiac rehab equipment, supplies for mental health, and childbirth education books
Scholarships for Healthcare Education
In 1977, the Auxiliary established a scholarship program. Today, Noyes Auxiliary provides up to $5,000 in scholarships each year to high school seniors in the Noyes Health service area interested in careers in a health-related field. Due to Covid pandemic the scholarship recipients for 2020 were announced in the September-October Newsletter. The recipients were Trevor Coleman, Avon Central School; Kylee Miller, Corning Community College; Jacob Slocum, Honeoye Central School and Sarah Smathers, Keshequa Central School.
An additional $300 in scholarships is given to graduating students of the Health Careers Academy, part of the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership.
- Academic Excellence Award - Charina Gray, Wayland-Cohocton High School
- Clinical Excellence Award - Nadia O'Neal, Wayland-Cohocton High School
- Citizenship Award - Brooklin Hastreiter, Letchworth Central School
Visit the Noyes Health Auxiliary Scholarship webpage for an application.
Ice Cream for Noyes Health Employees
To express thanks to Noyes Health employees who are very supportive of the Auxiliary's projects, especially the Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar, the Auxiliary provides ice cream sundaes to all employees during Hospital Week in May. Employees at Noyes Health Services in Geneseo, Noyes Dialysis Center, Noyes Mental Health and Creekside Family Medicine also enjoy the ice cream.
All proceeds from the following auxiliary projects benefit Noyes Health
Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop
Our Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar is located in the main lobby of the Hospital and is staffed by volunteers who work 3 to 5-hour shifts. Great coffee, snacks, sandwiches, beverages, fresh flowers, balloons, and a wide variety of gift items are available. The Spice Box was voted “Best Gift Shop in Dansville” in 2014 according to a Genesee Country Express survey.
Hours are: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m..
Phone orders are welcome and most major credit cards are accepted. Phone: (585) 335-4288.
Volunteers are always needed in these two areas. Call Christa Barrows at (585) 335-4358 to volunteer.
Spice Box Managers 2022: Kathy Witzel
Chip in Fore Noyes
This popular fundraising event is held at a local golf course each year during the third week of July. Noyes Health vendors, community golfers and businesses support it. Click here for more information.
Monday, July 18, 2022
FarView Golf Course
2419 Avon Geneseo Road
Avon, NY 14414
Click here for sponsorship information or team registration form.
Held at the Hospital the first week of May, the very successful flower sale offers the community a great variety of hanging baskets, annuals and perennials at terrific pricing. Perfect for Mother's Day!! This year's Flower Sale will be held Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. The flower tent will be set up adjacent to the Brae Burn Golf Course parking lot.
1/4 Mile Kids Run
The Dansville 1/4 Mile Kids Run will be postponed until 2023 due to the new track being constructed at Dansville High School. This event promotes wellness, exercise and fun competition for the youth, ages 3 to 11 in our community. The event is held in conjunction with the Dansville Teachers' Association and with support from local businesses. Applications for the run are available in the Dansville Primary and Elementary school offices, as well as at the switchboard at Noyes Hospital in May. Click here for the application or the sponsor letter if you are interested in helping to sponsor the event.
Tree of Lights
Members of the community may recognize or remember a loved one by making a $5 donation for an angel ornament on the Christmas trees displayed in the Hospital's Registration Lobby, the Saunders Surgical Center, the Ann & Carl Myers Cancer Center and Noyes Health Services in Geneseo. The loved one's name is placed on the angel, as well as in a memorial book. View the Tree of Lights donation form.
In 2022, the Craft Boutique sale will be held during November and December near the Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop. Auxiliary members, Noyes employees, and friends of the Auxiliary craft baby gifts, holiday decorations, jewelry, baskets and afghans. Items might be crocheted, knitted, felted, sewn, paper crafted or wooden. Many are one of a kind and are always unique!
We normally have an annual jewelry sale but due to the Covid pandemic it was not held in 2020 and probably will not in 2021. Look for this sale in 2022. Over 500 necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings will be for sale for only $5.00 each. These are beautiful pieces which anyone would enjoy.
Follow us on Facebook! Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop
2022 Auxiliary Officers:
Tara Coffey - President
Tammy Conrad - Vice President
Sue Leven - Secretary
Ann Dunlop - Treasurer
Mary Ann Schaumburg - Past President
Sherrie Reilly - Member at Large