Noyes Health Auxiliary
A Tradition of Caring and Sharing
The Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1952 with the original mission to give patient service. Today's Auxiliary focuses its efforts on fundraising projects to support Noyes Health and benefit the community.
Click here for the Auxiliary newsletter
Auxiliary Membership Requirements
To fulfill membership requirements, each active member of the Auxiliary is asked to participate in at least one fundraising event each year. The Auxiliary projects are described below. All members are kept informed of upcoming events through the Auxiliary Newsletter. Patronage of the events by all Auxiliary members is encouraged and appreciated. Click here to download a membership application, or you can pick one up in the Spice Box Gift Shop.
Auxiliary Donations to Noyes Hospital
The proceeds of the Auxiliary fundraisers are donated to Noyes Hospital. The most recent donations are:
2023 -- $14,000 was given to purchase a. ultrasound guide for PICC line insertion.
2022 - $30,000 was given for the purchase of a fetal monitor. $20,000 was given to Avon Mental Health. $7,500 was used to purchase CPR manikins. $8,786 was given to the Emergency Department for weight kits for patient stretchers. $2,545 was used to purchase tables for Volunteer Park.
2021 - The remainder of the $75,000 pledge due for the portable x-ray machine ($15,000) was paid off in January through the joint efforts of the Auxiliary and Empire Realty Group. The Auxiliary thanks Empire Realty for donating the entire proceeds of their share of the virtual golf tournament held in August and September to the Auxiliary.
2020 - $60,000 was given for a portable x-ray machine. Eight cell phone chargers were installed in the Emergency Dept waiting room, Surgical Dept, OB, 3rd Floor nurses station, Ann & Carl Myers Cancer Center and the Cafeteria. The Floral Display cooler and the small refrigerator were replaced in the Spice Box Gift Shop.
- 2019 - Final $48,000 made to the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. Total pledge was $305,000.
- 2018 - $60,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department pledge.
- 2017 - $60,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the fourth payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $258,500 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge.
- 2016 - $65,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the third payment toward the Auxiliary's $305,500 commitment in 2014. To date, $198,000 has been given to Noyes Health toward that pledge. An additional $10,000 was donated to Noyes Health from the proceeds of "A Night for Noyes," $2500 of which was designated to underwrite a dressing room in the Ann and Carl Myers Cancer Center.
- 2015 - $56,500 to Noyes Health for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This was the 2nd payment toward our $305,500 pledge. An additional $10,000 was set aside for a new computer program for the Spice Box Gift Shop.
- 2014 - $75,000 for the Mary Saunders Beiermann Emergency Department. This payment was the first payment toward the Auxiliary's four-year commitment to donate $305,500 to the Emergency Department for all the patient rooms, the waiting area and the furniture in the waiting area.
- 2013 - $95,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment and flooring on the Medical/Surgical unit
- 2012 - $103,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, 40 Lifeline units, a bladder scanner, a bariatric bed and a blood pressure monitor
- 2011 - $57,000 for the purchase of cardiac monitoring equipment, cardiac rehab equipment, supplies for mental health, and childbirth education books
Scholarships for Healthcare Education
The Noyes Health Auxiliary is able to offer up to $5000 in college scholarships to hard-working students, from high schools in our hospital service area, planning on entering the medical field. Fighting COVID-19 has shown the world how important essential health care professionals are to our existence. Scholarships will be granted to qualified students matriculating in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university in medicine, nursing, or in another health-related field, including dentistry, ophthalmology, and pharmacy. We are glad we are able to offer this opportunity to help students in the Noyes Health service area defray the high expenses incurred by today’s college students.
Visit the Noyes Health Auxiliary Scholarship webpage for an application.
Ice Cream for Noyes Health Employees
To express thanks to Noyes Health employees who are very supportive of the Auxiliary's projects, especially the Spice Box Gift Shop and Coffee Bar, the Auxiliary provides ice cream sundaes to all employees during Hospital Week in May. Employees at Noyes Health Services in Geneseo, Noyes Dialysis Center, Noyes Mental Health and Creekside Family Medicine also enjoy the ice cream.
Proceeds from the following auxiliary projects benefit Noyes Health
Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop
Chip in Fore Noyes Golf Tournament
1/4 Mile Kids Run
Tree of Lights
Members of the community may recognize or remember a loved one by making a $5 donation for an angel ornament on the Christmas trees displayed in the Hospital's Lobby. The loved one's name is placed on the angel, and is displayed on a decorative banner between the trees. View the Tree of Lights donation form.
In 2023, the Craft Boutique sale will be held during November and December near the Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop. Auxiliary members, Noyes employees, and friends of the Auxiliary craft baby gifts, holiday decorations, jewelry, baskets and afghans. Items might be crocheted, knitted, felted, sewn, paper crafted or wooden. Many are one of a kind and are always unique!
We have at least one, and possibly two, $5 jewelry sales annually. In the past, our annual sale has been held in conjunction with the Flower Sale in May. We may have another sale around Christmas depending on the availability of jewelry. Over 500 necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings are for sale in the hall outside the Spice Box Gift Shop - beautiful pieces that anyone would enjoy. Watch for notice of this sale in our bi-monthly Auxiliary newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook! Spice Box Coffee Bar and Gift Shop
2022 Auxiliary Officers:
Tara Coffey - President
- Vice President
Sue Leven - Secretary
Ann Dunlop - Treasurer
Mary Ann Schaumburg - Past President
Sherrie Reilly - Member at Large