Rochester General Hospital
Rochester General Hospital (RGH) is a multi-service community teaching hospital with accredited residency programs in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radiology, Pharmacy, Podiatry, and Dentistry. Pediatrics at RGH includes approximately 1000 pediatric inpatient admissions, 2,600 births, 30,000 pediatric ED visits, and 30,000 outpatient visits annually. RGH is also a WHO-designated Baby Friendly Hospital.
One of the four Pediatric Chief Residents is always present at RGH, and residents participate in the care of all pediatric patients including:
- Pediatric Inpatient Unit
- Newborn Nursery
- Level II Special Care Nursery: Staffed by University of Rochester attending neonatologists
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Rochester General Pediatric Associates (RGPA): Primary care for a diverse, predominantly urban population including many Spanish-speaking families. Half of our pediatric residents have their weekly continuity clinic at this location.
Additional Opportunities at RGH
- Behavioral Pediatrics: Behavioral and developmental comprehensive management by a multi-disciplinary team.
- Community Programs: A variety of programs that promote safety and healthy living ranging from violence prevention and lead treatment to weight loss programs and an annual asthma camp.