Ph: (585) 341-9481
Fax: (585) 442-2949
What Is Neuropsychology?
Neuropsychology is a specialty that focuses on brain functioning. A neuropsychologist is a licensed psychologist with expertise in how behavior and skills are related to brain structures and systems. Neuropsychology evaluates brain function by testing memory and thinking skills.
The Outpatient NP Service at URMC specializes in the provision of neuropsychological evaluation of patients (ages 18+) suspected of having cognitive impairment associated with neurological conditions affecting the brain. Our team is also skilled in the field of rehab/health psychology and provides neuropsychological care to patients and families facing chronic and/or new-onset health conditions and trauma.
Outpatient Neuropsychology Service Flyer
Common Reasons for Referral
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sleep Disorders
- Brain Tumors
- Chronic Pain
- Disease Progression and Medication Effects
Types of Evaluations
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Abbreviated Neuropsychological Testing
- Psychological Evaluations to assist with medical clearance
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation to inform cognitive rehabilitation participation