The Department of Radiation Oncology at URMC is the region’s leader in radiation cancer treatment. We are also recognized nationally as one of the leading institutions in radiation technology, treatment and research in radiation and cancer biology, as well as radiation late effects.
- We are part of the University of Rochester Medical Center, recognized in the region for providing the most compassionate and advanced medical care.
- We provide our patients with specialized, multidisciplinary teams of doctors, combining expertise from a variety of oncological specialties for a more thorough treatment plan.
- Most of our radiation oncologists are board certified by the American College of Radiology and have been in practice for more than 5-10 years.
- We provide many treatments and technologies that are not readily available anywhere else in central and upstate New York.
- We are national leaders in stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy.
- We perform clinical research, translational research and basic research in cancer and radiation biology, helping to ensure that you get the most advanced treatment currently available.
- Our doctors and scientists have published numerous papers in leading journals—evidence of their commitment to leading-edge research and treatments.
- We are a full member institution with NRG Oncology, and we participate in Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and the Children's Oncology Group (COG). Our cancer patients have access to numerous cutting-edge clinical trials through NRG Oncology, SWOG, and COG.
- We are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- We have a stringent QA process and regular audits by Radiological Physics Center (RPC), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and the New York State Department of Health.