Program Update (July 13, 2020): Due to Covid-19 we will be limiting our recruitment activities until further notice to allow our existing volunteers to gradually return to service. We are continuously monitoring our needs for onboarding new volunteers and ask that you continue to check our website for updated information regarding volunteering with the Friends of Strong. Thank you and we look forward to opening up active recruiting as soon as we are able to do so.
You Can Make a Difference
Our volunteers are a vital part of the patient care team at Strong Memorial Hospital; providing much-needed services to enhance the health care experience for our patients and their families.
Volunteering is an activity that benefits both the giver and the receiver. All of our volunteers have the opportunity to interact with patients. They serve throughout the hospital and at some of our satellite locations escorting patients, delivering flowers, assisting in our gift shop and helping patients and families.
We're honored to receive support from nearly 1,500 volunteers made up of people from all walks of life, education and skill level. They contribute more than 125,000 hours of volunteer service annually.
We offer three programs (click the link below that describes you best):
adults | college students | high school students
Please bookmark and visit this page occasionally as information may change at the last minute.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or (585) 275-2420.
If you are interested in participating in events with Golisano Children's Hospital or making donations, please visit the Golisano Children's Hospital website.
Minimum requirements for all volunteers:
- You feel comfortable around patients, visitors and family members in an acute-care facility
- You feel comfortable showing compassion to others in need.
- You can communicate clearly and fluently in English.
- You can perform volunteer activities with a minimum amount of supervision.
- You can meet NYS Department of Labor and Health Department requirements.
- You agree to submit to a background check.
- Completion of our annual In-Service Training.
(2020 Mandatory In-Service Training Guide)
Safe Patient Handling Mobility Education