Volunteer Program Updates | March 22, 2023
College and Summer High School Volunteer Recruitment Coming Soon
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! Our recruitment is currently closed, but we will begin recruiting for our summer High School and College Volunteer Programs soon.
Important: Those who are currently attending an accredited college undergo a different onboarding process than non-college attending adults looking to volunteer in our programs. Please click one of the three links below in order to review recruitment registration dates and complete details about the volunteer program segment which best describes you:
adults | college students | high school students
You Can Make a Difference
Our volunteers are a vital part of the patient care team at Strong Memorial Hospital; providing much-needed services to enhance the health care experience for our patients and their families.
Volunteering is an activity that benefits both the giver and the receiver. All of our volunteers have the opportunity to interact with patients. They serve throughout the hospital and at some of our satellite locations escorting patients, delivering flowers, assisting in our gift shop and helping patients and families.
Made up of people from all walks of life, education and skill level; we're honored to receive support from our diverse group volunteers. We hope to meet you soon!
Please bookmark and visit this page occasionally as information may change at the last minute.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or (585) 275-2420.
If you are interested in participating in events with Golisano Children's Hospital or making donations, please visit the Golisano Children's Hospital website.
Minimum requirements for all volunteers:
- You feel comfortable around patients, visitors and family members in an acute-care facility.
- You feel comfortable showing compassion to others in need.
- You can communicate clearly and fluently in English.
- You can perform volunteer activities with a minimum amount of supervision.
- You can meet NYS Department of Labor and Health Department requirements.
- You agree to submit to a background check, including Federal Exclusions and State Sanctions.
- Completion of our annual In-Service Training.
Safe Patient Handling Mobility Education