You Can Make a Difference
Our volunteers are a vital part of the patient care team at Strong Memorial Hospital; providing much-needed services to enhance the health care experience for our patients and their families. They serve throughout the hospital and at some of our satellite locations escorting patients, delivering flowers, and assisting in our gift shop. Made up of people from all walks of life, education and skill level; we're honored to receive support from our diverse group volunteers. We hope to meet you soon!
Volunteer Program Information
Closed: Spring Adult and College Volunteer Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Please review the instructions below and proceed to the appropriate volunteer program page to review recruitment timelines, program-specific details, and to register for information sessions.
Important: Those who are currently attending an accredited college undergo a different onboarding process than non-college attending adults looking to volunteer in our programs.
Minimum requirements for all volunteers:
- You feel comfortable around patients, visitors and family members in an acute-care facility.
- You feel comfortable showing compassion to others in need.
- You can communicate clearly and fluently in English.
- You can perform volunteer activities with a minimum amount of supervision.
- You can meet NYS Department of Labor and Health Department requirements.
- You agree to submit to a background check, including Federal Exclusions and State Sanctions.
- You agree to complete our annual In-Service Training.
Please bookmark and visit this page occasionally as information may change at the last minute.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or (585) 275-2420.
If you are interested in participating in events with Golisano Children's Hospital or making donations, please visit the Golisano Children's Hospital website.
Safe Patient Handling Mobility Education