If you are looking for information regarding an unplanned admission please call the Strong Emergency Department at (585) 275-4551.
Below is a step-by-step guide and timeline to your day of admission so you know what to anticipate. If your admission is arranged through the Strong Surgical Center you will follow a different process than regularly scheduled patients. Please note, this guide is for patients who will be spending one or more nights at Strong Memorial Hospital.
- Before Your Scheduled Day of Admission
- Please think of one or two trusted individuals –family or friends – who you want to identify as your support person(s) and how much you would like them involved in your care. These individuals are welcome to visit you 24 hours/day, seven days a week.
- Please review the list of what to bring for your hospital stay. You will learn what you should bring, what we provide for you during your stay, and what we kindly ask you to leave at home.
- Don’t forget! It’s important to bring your insurance card(s) when you come to the hospital
- The Day of Your Admission
- On the day of your admission, the Admitting Office will contact you to let you know what time to arrive. Your call will usually come after 11 a.m. If you don’t receive a call by the late afternoon please call the Strong Memorial Hospital at Admitting Office at (585) 275-7081.
- If you are admitted between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. you will check-in through Strong Memorial Hospital Lab & Outpatient Services. This office is located in the hallway directly to the right of the Information Desk in the Main Lobby (when your back is to Elmwood Avenue).
- If you are admitted after 5 p.m. you will go directly to your floor to check-in. Please don’t worry; at this point the Admitting Office will have already called you with specific instructions about where to go. If you need help finding your way when you arrive at the hospital please stop at the Information Desk, which is conveniently located in the lobby, and ask one of our volunteers who look forward to welcoming and assisting you.
- Patients Scheduled through the Strong Surgical Center
- If you are scheduled for surgery through the Strong Surgical Center your admission process is slightly different. The day before your admission you will receive a phone call from a Strong Surgical Center staff member who will confirm when you should arrive at the hospital. They will also provide any instructions you need to know and will be happy to answer your questions. If you are scheduled to arrive on Monday you will receive this phone call on Friday. If you aren’t contacted by the Strong Surgical Center please call (585) 275-8256.
- On the day of your admission you will check in with the Strong Surgical Center.
Sometimes there is an admission wait time. Occasionally, situations demanding emergency care for other patients can happen between the time we call you and the time you arrive. When this occurs, your admission wait may be somewhat extended. We want you to be as comfortable as possible so our Strong Memorial Hospital Lab & Outpatient Service has a waiting room with a television and an area for children. If you prefer, you can wait in the lobby.
If you have more questions you may find the section on What to Expect helpful for finding answers.
If you need to reach the Admitting Office please call (585) 275-2273 and ask for the Strong Memorial Hospital Admitting Office.