High-Value Solutions for Ever Better Surgical Care
The Surgical Value Incubator program launched in 2020 with the goal of identifying high-value solutions for ever better surgical care through optimizing quality and cost.
The Surgical Value Incubator is composed of a multidisciplinary group of experts to provide the best available practices in quality improvement, implementation science, and informatics.
The Department of Surgery has taken a national leadership role by establishing a novel entity specifically for improving value in surgical care.
Five Phases of Surgical Care
As defined by ACS
Patient- and Physician-Centered Improvements for our Diverse Community
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Standardized project processes
- Regular collaborator meetings
- Human and technological infrastructure to support continuous improvement
- Automated outcomes dashboard
- Empowering providers with access to outcomes
- Data-based cost reduction increases care value
Implementation and Dissemination
- Perpetuate high-value surgical care through adoption, implementation, and maintenance of evidence-based interventions
- Continuously applying our best evidence to support a Learning Healthcare System