The Kidney Transplant Team at UR Medicine
If you ask our doctors what makes UR Medicine’s transplant program special – they will all say the same thing: our amazing team. Our providers are all experts who are passionate about what they do. Each member of the team relies on each other to give our patients the best possible care and outcomes.
Transplantation is multidisciplinary – it takes more than just a surgeon to get patients through this journey. While the surgeon is a vital part of the transplant process, we have an entire team dedicated to caring for patients before, during and after the procedure.
Our kidney transplant team includes:
- Transplant surgeons who perform your kidney transplant procedure
- Nephrologists who take care of your kidneys before and after surgery
- Pharmacists who dispense medication, answer questions you may have about it, and consult with doctors about which medications are best for each patient
- Psychiatrist who takes care of your mental and emotional health
- Social worker who helps you and your family understand and process your diagnosis
- Transplant coordinators who guide you through the entire transplant process, by speaking with you to understand your condition, educating you about our programs, and scheduling your evaluations and appointments
- Dietitians who help ensure you are getting proper nutrition throughout the transplant journey and educate you on the type of diet you may need to follow before and after your transplant
- Transplant ID physicians who provide comprehensive care for the evaluation and management of infectious diseases in pre and post-transplant patients. Their goal is to prevent and treat infectious complications
- Patients are important members of their care team. You will always be up-to-date about your treatment and you will be involved in the decision-making related to your care
- Jennifer Cooley, Pharm.D.
- Stacy Fredrick, Pharm.D.
- Jennifer Melaragno, Pharm.D.
- Nancy Metzler, Transplant Administrator
- Carole Dill, Administrator
- Katie Dokus, Quality Manager
- Kate Helbig, Information Analyst
- Al LaVigueur, Administrator, Data & Information
- Ann Lindsay, Administrative Assistant
- Amber Niewiemski, Business & Finance Administrator
- Leah Solea, Administrative Assistant
Advance Practice Providers
- DyYoung Jaworski, N.P.
- Manisha Kapadia, N.P.
- Sara Goto, N.P.
- Stacey McGahan, N.P.
- Charles Schreiber, M.P.A.S., R.P.A.-C.
- Erika Venniro, P.A.C.
Clinical Transplant Coordinators
- Tina Blanchard, R.N.
- Amanda Boyd, R.N.
- Barbara Mangione R.N.
- Whitney Serwetnyk, R.N.
- Shannon Toney, R.N.
- Debbie VanDeWater, R.N.
Inpatient Advanced Practice Providers
- Jackie Cullen, A.N.P., C.C.T.C.
- Laura Overstreet, N.P.
- Brianna Pfeiffer, P.A.C.
- Valarie Schiano, F.N.P.
- Felice Wolff, N.P.
Live Donor Advocate
- Elizabeth Keller, R.N.
- Bryanna Patterson, R.N.
Transplant Financial Counselors
- Tracey Brienza
- Julie Magee
- Joyce Sauer
- Ashley Ayzenberg, C.N.S.D.
- Danielle Ferrel, C.N.S.D.
- Rebecca Broman, L.M.S.W.
- Christina Coury, L.M.S.W.
- Jennifer Maracle, LMSW
Administrative Support Team