We encourage applications from US citizens or permanent residents that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- can describe how their educational and socio-cultural experiences or geographic background can enhance the diversity and inclusion mission of the School of Medicine & Dentistry;
- can describe their sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion in the academic, professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations in a way that directly contributes to the quality of the intellectual environment of the university;
- hails from a financially disadvantaged background as self-reported on their application;
- does not list English as their native language on their application;
- is a first-generation graduate from a four-year college;
- self-discloses in their application a disability defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
Definitions can be found here.