Abdus S. Wahed, PhD
Professor of Biostatistics
University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU 420630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4133
Phone: (585) 274-1477
Fax: (585) 273-1031
My current major research interest is in personalized medicine - development of statistical methods for testing dynamic treatment regimes (adaptive treatment strategies) from Sequential Multiple Assignment Randomized Trials (SMARTs) or similarly structured observational data. Other methodological research interest includes multivariate ordinal longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis in the presence of misclassified events, and analysis of variance for censored survival data, causal inference, semiparametric inference, and joint modeling of longitudinal and time-to-event data measured with error. My collaborative research interest includes sequential treatment decisions in depression treatment, obesity and weight loss, liver diseases such as hepatitis B and C, and cancer treatment.
- Liu, Y., Wu, L., Tang, G. and Wahed, A.S. (2023). A series of two-sample non-parametric tests for quantile residual life time. Lifetime Data Analysis, 29(1), 234-252.
- Wang, J., Wu, L. and Wahed, A.S. (2022). Adaptive randomization in a two-stage sequential multiple assignment randomized trial. Biostatistics, 23(4), 1182-1199.
- Zhang, S, Qu, Y, Cheng, Y, Lopez, OL, and Wahed, AS. (2022). Prognostic Accuracy for Predicting Ordinal Competing Risk Outcomes Using ROC Surfaces. Lifetime Data Analysis, 28(1), 1-22.
- Wu, Liwen, Wang, Junyao, and Wahed, AS (2021). Interim Monitoring in Sequential Multiple Assignment Randomized Trials. Biometrics, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/biom.13562
- Conzuelo-Rodriguez, G., Bodnar, L.M., Brooks, M.M., Wahed, A., Kennedy, E.H., Schisterman, E. and Naimi, A.I. (2022). Performance evaluation of parametric and nonparametric method when assessing effect measure modification. American Journal of Epidemiology, 191(1), 198-207.
- Johnson, Geoffrey, Topp, Andrew, and Wahed, AS (2020). Optimizing Dynamic Treatment Regimes via Threshold Utility Analysis on Quality Adjusted Survival. Journal of Statistical Research, 55(1), 127-145.
- Chen, L, Yavuz, I, Cheng, Y, and Wahed, AS (2020). Cumulative Incidence Regression for Dynamic Treatment Regimens. Biostatistics, 2020 Apr 1; 21(2):e113-e130. doi: 10.1093/biostatistics/kxy062.
- Yavuz, I., Chng, Y. and Wahed, A.S. (2018). Estimating the cumulative incidence function of dynamic treatment regimes. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 181(1), 85-106.
- Jiang, Z., Liu, Y., Wahed, A.S. and Molenberghs, G. (2018). Joint modeling of multiple ordinal adherence outcomes via generalized estimating equations with flexible correlation structure. Statistics in Medicine, 37(6), 983-995.
- Xu, Y., Müller, P., Wahed, A.S. and Thall, P.F. (2016). Bayesian nonparametric estimation for dynamic treatment regimes with sequential transition times. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 111(515), 921-950.
For a complete list of publications, visit my Google Scholar page.
Last updated: February 14, 2023