Hongyue Wang, PhD
Research Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Ph.D. (2007) University of Rochester
- University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU 420630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4228
Phone: (585) 276-3735
Fax: (585) 273-1031
My research interests lie in longitudinal data analysis, missing data, diagnostic testing, and design and analysis of clinical trials. I’m also interested in investigating statistical methodologies dealing with right skewed data. Most of my collaborative work is with researchers in the Department of Pediatrics and Eastman Dental. During the past years I have collaborated with many biomedical investigators from a broad research areas including Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Neonatology, Cardiology, Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Science, Radiation Oncology, Pediatric Surgery, community based research and Dentistry. The studies spanned from observational studies to multicenter randomized clinical trials. In the past years, I also served on the NIH review board for grant applications submitted to NIDDK, from R34 to U01 multi center trials. Besides working on NIH funded grants, I was also involved in teaching statistical graduate courses, providing statistical consultation and biostatistics training to junior research fellows and graduate students.
I received my M.A. and Ph.D. in Statistics from University of Rochester. I am a member of the American Statistical Association and the International Biometric Society.
- Halterman JS, Riekert KA, Fagnano M, Tremblay PJ, Blaakman SW, Tajon R, Wang H, Borrelli B. (2021) Effect of the School-Based Asthma Care for Teens (SB-ACT) program on asthma morbidity: a 3-arm randomized controlled trial. J Asthma. 2021 Jan 8:1-29. doi: 10.1080/02770903.2020.1856869.
- Bayer ND, Wang H, Yu J, Kuo DZ, Halterman JS, Li Y (2021) A National Mental Health Profile of Parents of Children with Medical Complexity. Pediatrics June 2021, e2020023358; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-023358
- Gupta K, Wang H, Amin SB (2020) Soybean-Oil Lipid Minimization for Prevention of Intestinal Failure-Associated Liver Disease in Late-Preterm and Term Infants With Gastrointestinal Surgical Disorders. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2020 Aug 27.doi: 10.1002/jpen.2004.
- Halterman J.S., Fagnano M., Tajon R.S., Tremblay P., Wang H., Butz A., Perry T.T., McConnochie K.M. (2018) Effect of the School-Based Telemedicine Enhanced Asthma Management (SB-TEAM) Program on Asthma Morbidity: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr. 2018 Mar 5;172(3):e174938. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.4938. Epub 2018 Mar 5. PMID:29309483
- Wang H, Wang B, Tu XM, Liu J, Feng C. Sample sizes based on three popular indices of risks. Gen Psychiatr. 2018;31(3):e100011. doi: 10.1136/gpsych-2018-100011. eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 30815629; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6371655.
- Shah, M. N., Wasserman, E. B., Wang, H., Gillespie, S. M., Noyes, K., Wood, N. E., Nelson, D., Dozier, A., and McConnochie, K. M. (2015). High-Intensity Telemedicine Decreases Emergency Department Use by Senior Living Community Residents. Telemed J E Health. Doi: 10.1089/tmj.2015.0103
- Hyman, S. L., Stewart, P. A., Foley, J., Cain, U., Peck, R., Morris, D. D., Wang, H., and Smith T. (2015). The Gluten-Free/Casein-Free Diet: A Double-Blind Challenge Trial in Children with Autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders PMID: 26343026.
- Halterman, J. S., Fagnano, M., Tremblay, P. J., Fisher, S. G., Wang, H., Rand, C., Szilagyi, P., and Butz, A. (2014). Prompting Asthma Intervention in Rochester-Uniting Parents and Providers (PAIR-UP): A Randomized Trial. JAMA Pediatr, 168(10):e141983. PMCID: PMC4232370
- Feng, C. Wang, H., Lu, N., and Tu, X. M. "Log-transformation: Application and Interpretation in Biomedical Research". Statistics in Medicine. 2013; 33(2): 230-239. Doi.org/10.1002/sim.5486
- Wang, H., Feng, C., Tu, X. M., and Kowalski, J. (2012). A Comparison of Two Test Statistics for Poisson Overdispersion/ Underdispersion. Applied Mathematics, 2012(3):795-799.
- McConnochie, K.M., Wood, N., Heredeen, H.E., Ng, P., Wang, H., Roghmann, K. (2009). Acute Illness Care Patterns Change with use of Telemedicine. Pediatrics, 123(6):e989-995. PMID: 19482750 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Mudholkar, G. S. and Wang, H. "R-Symmetry and the Power Function of the Tests for Inverse Gaussian Mean." Communication in Statistics, Theory meth. 2009; 38(13): 2178-2186. Doi.org/10.1080/0361092802499496
- Caserta, M., O’Connor, T., Wyman, P., Wang, H., Moynihan, J., Cross, W., Tu, X., and Jin, X. (2008). The Associations between Psychosocial Stress and the Frequency of Illness, and Innate and Adaptive Immune Function in Children. Brain, Behavior and Immunity. 22(6):933-940. PMCID: PMC2516370
- Mudholkar, G. S. and Wang, H. "IG-symmetry and R-symmetry: Interrelations and Applications to the Inverse Gaussian Theory". Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 2007; 137(1): 3655-3671.
- Singh, J.P., Hall, W.J., McNitt, S., Wang, H., Daubert, J.P., Zareba, W., Ruskin, J.N., and Moss, A.J. (2005). Factors Influencing Appropriate Firing of the Implanted Defibrillator for Ventricular Tachycardia/Fibrillation. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 46:1712-1720.
Last updated: March 25, 2022