Brent A. Johnson, PhD
Associate Professor of Biostatistics
PhD, North Carolina State University
University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU 420-630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4142
Phone: (585) 273-1869
Fax: (585) 273-1031
Descriptions of my current research projects and R code downloads can be found on my lab page.
My methodological interests are in missing data and causal inference. Collaborative interests are in therapeutic and preventative AIDS/HIV studies and epidemiology.
- Berg C, Nehl E, Wang X, Ding Y, He N, Johnson BA, Wong FY (2014) A comparison of HIV-positive and negative MSM smokers in Chengdu, China: Quit attempts and healthcare provider intervention on smoking. AIDS Care, (Available online)
- Wu J, Zhou Y, Gao Y, Fu JS, Johnson BA, Huang C, Kim Y-M, Liu Y (2013) Estimation and uncertainty analysis of impacts of future heat waves on mortality in the Eastern United States. Environmental Health Perspectives DOI:10.1289/ehp.1306670.
- Raysoni AU, Stock TH, Sarnat JA, Montoya-Sosa T, Sarnat SE, Holguin F, Greenwald R, Johnson B, Li W-W (2013) Characterization of traffic-related air pollutant metrics at four schools in El Paso, Texas, USA: Implications for exposure assessment and siting schools in urban areas. Atmospheric Environment 80, 140-151.
- Marconi VC, Johnson BA, Wu B, Quinn-Hare A, Ordonez C, Kuritzkes DR (2013) Individual-level Early Warning Indicators for first-line virologic failure independent of adherence measures in a South African urban clinic AIDS Patient Care and STDs 27, 657-668.
- Khosropour CM, Johnson BA, Ricca AV, Sullivan PS (2013) Enhancing Retention of an Internet-Based Cohort Study of Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) via Text Messaging: Randomized Controlled Trial J Med Internet Res 15(8), e194.
- Greenwald R, Johnson BA, Hoskins A, Dworski R. (2013) Exhaled breath condensate formate after inhaled allergen provocation in atopic asthmatics in vivo. J Asthma 50, 619-622.
- Johnson BA, Ribaudo H, Gulick RM, Eron JJ. (2013) Modeling clinical endpoints as a function of time of switch to second-line ART with incomplete data on switching times. Biometrics 69, 732-740.
- Traxinger K, Kelly C, Johnson BA, Lyles RH, Glass JD. (2013) Prognosis and epidemiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: analysis of a clinic population from 1997 - 2011. Neurology: Clinical Practice 3, 313-320.
- Chung M, Long Q, and Johnson BA. (2013) A tutorial on rank-based coefficient estimation in small- and large-scale problems. Statistics and Computing 23, 601-614.
- Rappaport SM, Kim S, Thomas R, Johnson BA, Bois F, and Kupper LL. (2012) Low-dose Metabolism of Benzene in Humans: Science and Obfuscation. Carcinogenesis 34, 2-9.
- Zora J, Sarnat SE, Raysoni AU, Greenwald R, Johnson BA, Stock TH, Holguin F, Li WW, Sarnat JA. (2012) Associations between urban air pollution and pediatric asthma control in El Paso, Texas. Science of the Total Environment 448, 56-65.
- Garber D, O'Mara L, Gangadhara S, McQuoid M, Zhang X, Zheng R, Gill K, Verma M, Yu T, Johnson BA, Li B, Derdeyn C, Ibegbu C, Altman J, Hunter E, Feinberg M. (2012) Deletion of specific immune modulatory genes from modified vaccine ankara-based HIV vaccines engenders immunogenicity in Rhesus macaques. Journal of Virology (In press)
- Long Q, Zhang X, Zhao Y, Johnson BA, Bostick RM. (2012) Modeling clinical outcome using multiple correlated functional biomarkers: A Bayesian approach. Statistical Methods in Medical Research (In press)
- Greenwald R, Sarnat JA, Li WW, Raysoni AU, Johnson BA, Sarnat SE, Stock TH, Holguin F, Montoya-Sosa T. (2012) Associations between source-indicative pollution metrics and increases in pulmonary inflammation and reduced lung function in a panel of asthmatic children. Air Quality, Atmosphere, and Health DOI 10.1007/s11869-012-0186-3.
- Li L, Eron J, Ribaudo H, Gulick RM, Johnson BA. (2012) Evaluating the effect of early versus late ARV regimen change after failure on the initial regimen: results from the AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5095. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 107, 542-554.
- Sunpath H, Wu B, Hampton J, Johnson BA, Moosa Y, Ordonez C, Kuritzkes DR, Marconi VC. (2012) High rate of K65R for ART naive patients with subtype C HIV infection failing a TDF-containing first-line regimen in South Africa.AIDS, 26, 1679-84.
- Sarnat S, Raysoni AU, Li W, Holguin F, Johnson BA, Flores-Luevano S, Garcia J, and Sarnat JA. (2012) Air pollution and acute respiratory response in a panel of asthmatic children along the U.S.-Mexico border. Environmental Health Perspectives, 160, 437--444.
- Long Q, Chung M, Moreno C, Johnson BA. (2011) Risk prediction for cancer recurrence through regularized estimation with simultaneous adjustment for nonlinear clinical effects. Annals of Applied Statistics, 5, 2003-2023.
Johnson BA, Long Q, Chung M. (2011) On path restoration for censored outcomes. Biometrics, 67, 1379-1388.