Robert L. Strawderman, ScD
Donald M. Foster, MD Distinguished Professor of Biostatistics
- University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Blvd., CU 420630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4122
Phone: (585) 275-6688
Fax: (585) 273-1031
My major research area is survival analysis. More generally, I am interested in semiparametric methods for missing and censored data; statistical learning methods for risk and outcome prediction in medicine, epidemiology and public health; statistical and computational methods for high dimensional data; statistical methods for evaluating the cost and quality of health care; and, applications in cancer, psychiatry (e.g., suicide) and neurological disease (e.g., Huntington’s Disease).
- Baer B, Strawderman RL, Ertefaie A (2023). Discussion on “Instrumental variable estimation of causal hazard ratio" by Linbo Wang, Eric Tchetgen Tchetgen, Torben Martinussen, and Stijn Vansteelandt. To appear, Biometrics.
- Rice J, Johnson BA, Strawderman RL (2022). Screening for chronic diseases: Optimizing lead time through balancing prescribed frequency and individual adherence. Lifetime Data Analysis, 28: 605-636.
- Cho Y, Molinaro AM, Hu C., Strawderman RL (2022). Regression Trees and Ensembles for Cumulative Incidence Functions. International Journal of Biostatistics, https://doi.org/10.1515/ijb-2021-0014.
- Ertefaie A, Strawderman RL (2021). Robust Q-Learning. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 116, 368-381.
- Rice J, Strawderman RL, Johnson BA (2019). Modeling the rate of HIV testing from repeated binary data amidst potential never-testers. Biostatistics, 20, 183-198.
- Steingrimsson J, Diao L, Strawderman RL (2019). Censoring unbiased regression trees and ensembles. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 114, 370-383.
- Ertefaie A, Strawderman RL (2018). Constructing dynamic treatment regimes over indefinite time horizons. Biometrika, 105, 963-977.
- Rice J, Strawderman RL, Johnson BA (2018). Regularity of a renewal process estimated from binary data. Biometrics, 74, 566-574. (Best Paper in Biometrics for 2018).
- Steingrimsson JA, Strawderman RL (2017). Estimation in the semiparametric accelerated failure time model with missing covariates: improving efficiency through augmentation. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 519: 1221-1235.
- Maeng D, Tsun ZY, Lesch E, Jacobowitz D, Strawderman RL, Harrington DK, Li Y, Weisman RL, Lamberti JS (2022+). Affordability of Forensic Assertive Community Treatment Programs: a Return-on-Investment Analysis. Psychiatric Services, 4:358-364.
- Desa DE, Strawderman RL, Wu W, Hill RL, Smid M, Martens JWM, Turner BM;, Brown EB (2020). Intratumoral heterogeneity of second-harmonic generation scattering from tumor collagen and its effects on metastatic risk prediction. BMC Cancer, 20(1):1217.
- Desa D, Bhanote M, Hill R, Majeski J, Buscaglia B, D’Aguiar M, Strawderman RL, Hicks D, Turner B, Brown E (2019). Second-Harmonic Generation Directionality is Associated with Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Response in Breast Cancer Core Needle Biopsies. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 24, 086503-1 – 086503-9.
- Kutyifa V., Rice J, Jones R, Mathias A, Yoruk A, Vermilye K, Johnson BA, Strawderman RL, Lowenstein C (2018). Impact of Non-Cardiovascular Disease Burden on Thirty-Day Hospital Readmission in Heart Failure Patients. Cardiology Journal, 25, 691-700.
- Vidula H, Kutyifa V, Johnson BA, Strawderman RL, Harrington D, Papernov A, Alexis, JD (2018). Readmission Patterns During Long-Term Follow-up After Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. American Journal of Cardiology, 122, 1021-2017.
- Lamberti JS, Weisman RL, Cerulli C, Williams GC, Jacobowitz D, Mueser KT, Elliott J, Marks P, Strawderman RL, Harrington D, Lamberti TA, Caine ED (2017). A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Rochester Forensic Assertive Community Treatment Model. Psychiatric Services, to appear.