Robert L. Strawderman, ScD
Donald M. Foster, MD Distinguished Professor of Biostatistics
- University of Rochester
Dept of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
265 Crittenden Blvd., CU 420630
Rochester, New York 14642-0630
Office: Saunders Research Building 4122
Phone: (585) 275-6688
Fax: (585) 273-1031
My major research area is survival analysis. More generally, I am interested in semiparametric methods for missing and censored data; statistical learning methods for risk and outcome prediction in medicine, epidemiology and public health; statistical and computational methods for high dimensional data; statistical methods for evaluating the cost and quality of health care; and, applications in cancer, psychiatry (e.g., suicide) and neurological disease (e.g., Huntington’s Disease).
- Steingrimsson J, Diao L, Strawderman RL (2017). Censoring unbiased regression trees and ensembles. Journal of the American Statistical Association, to appear.
- Olshen AB, Strawderman RL, Rysilk G, Lostritto K, Arnold AM, Molinaro AM (2017). Novel aggregate deletion /substitution/ addition learning algorithms for recursive partitioning. Journal of Computational Graphical Statistics, to appear.
- Rice J, Strawderman RL, Johnson BA (2017). Regularity of a renewal process estimated from binary data. Biometrics, to appear.
- Steingrimsson JA, Strawderman RL (2017). Estimation in the semiparametric accelerated failure time model with missing covariates: improving efficiency through augmentation. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 519: 1221-1235.
- Steingrimsson JA, Diao L, Molinaro AM, Strawderman RL (2016). Doubly Robust Survival Trees, Statistics in Medicine, 35, 3595-3612.
- Strawderman RL, Wells MT, Schifano ED (2013). Hierarchical Bayes, maximum a posteriori estimators, and minimax concave penalized likelihood estimation. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 7, 973-990.
- Johnson LM, Strawderman RL (2012). A smoothing expectation and substitution algorithm for the semiparametric accelerated failure time frailty model. Statistics in Medicine, 31: 2335-2358.
- Lamberti JS, Weisman RL, Cerulli C, Williams GC, Jacobowitz D, Mueser KT, Elliott J, Marks P, Strawderman RL, Harrington D, Lamberti TA, Caine ED (2017). A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Rochester Forensic Assertive Community Treatment Model. Psychiatric Services, to appear.
- Sherazi S, Kutyifa V, McNitt S, Papernov A, Hallinan W, Chen L, Storozynsky E, Johnson BA, Strawderman RL, Massey T, Zareba W, Alexis JD (2017). Gender Differences in the Risk of Neurological Events and Subsequent Outcomes in Left Ventricular Assist Device Patients. American Journal of Cardiology, 119(2), 297-301.
- Cowen ME, Czerwinski JL, Posa PJ, Van Hoek E, Mattimore J, Halasyamani LK, Strawderman RL (2014). Implementation of a Mortality Prediction Rule for Real Time Decision-Making: Feasibility and Validity. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 9, 720-726.
- Milano MT, Strawderman RL, Venigalla S, Ng K, Travis LB (2014). Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer After Breast Cancer: A Population-Based Study of Clinicopathologic Characteristics and Survival Outcomes in 3,529 Women. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 9: 1081-1090.
- McGarry B, Li Y, Strawderman RL (2014). THE CARE SPAN – Lower Hispanic Participation In Medicare Part D May Reflect Program Barriers. Health Affairs, 33, 856-862.
- Nyweide DJ, Anthony DL, Bynum JPW, Strawderman RL, Weeks WB, Casalino LP, Fisher ES (2013). Continuity of Care and Risk of Preventable Hospitalization in Older Adults. Journal of the American Medical Association: Internal Medicine, 173(20), 1879-1885.
- Cowen M and Strawderman RL (2013) Mortality predictions on admission as a context for organizing care activities. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 8, 229-235.