Wilmot, in collaboration with the University of Rochester School of Nursing, provides advanced and continuing education for oncology nurses.
- Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Fellowship is a one-year post-graduate specialty training program for nurse practitioners and physician assistants. At Wilmot, retention of nurses who complete APP training is very high.
- Nurse Residency is a supplement to the 12-week orientation that focuses on inpatient nurses and meets once a month for eight hours. The day-long session includes classroom instruction, skills practice, shadowing and visits to parts of the hospital that interface with Wilmot.
- Oncology Nurse Scientist Partnership includes a research-education and training series to help Wilmot nurses understand how to use and manage research and to lead their own projects. Led by PhD-level nurses with advanced training in research principles and methodology, the Partnership is aimed at advancing oncology research and mentoring participants for direct care, nurse-led research.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute Nursing Conference is an annual day-long event held in the spring. It is devoted to oncology nursing topics and features national speakers.
- Nursing Grand Rounds is a monthly educational series presented by nurses, APPs and MDs focusing on oncology topics.
- Pain Series is a monthly educational series that focuses on treatment modalities for pain management in oncology patients.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Review Course: is a free class that is open to all staff and covers the concepts essential to achieving this certification. This two-day course provides contact hours.
- Western New York and Finger Lakes Research Day is an annual event held in collaboration with Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center to highlight research projects conducted by staff and providers. It features workshops and national speakers.