Request a Sample
Wilmot members with NIH/NCI funding are given top priority for requests, followed by members with foundational/non-profit funding, commercial funding, and non-Wilmot investigators.
1. Project Feasibility
- Request access to the WBB database and explore the biosepcimen inventory.
- Identify prospectively-banked samples that would be appropriate for your study, or if study-specific accruals will be required.
- Arrange a meeting with BSR Director to discuss project feasibilbity, design, and timing.
- Draft and submit an RSRB study protocol by completing the WBB protocol template.
- All samples and data collected by WBB are de-identified, and investigators never receive any identifiable information. Accodingly, study protocols for research on WBB samples generally receive an expeditious RSRB review resulting in a "not human research" determination.
- Complete and submit a WBB request proposal through the REDCap application portal.
- All sample/data requests are reviewed by the instutional Biobank Utilization Committee.
- Priority is assigned based on scientific merit, alignment with Wilmot/catchment area values, and sample priority.