Redesigned for Safety
Staying at home doesn't have to mean staying away from your child's care provider.
Dr. Patrick Brophy, Physician-in-Chief at Golisano Children's Hospital, discusses steps being taken to keep patients and families safe.
At Golisano Children's Hospital, we have redesigned our services to ensure that every child can continue to get the treatment they need. Your safety is our first priority, and we are taking extra precautions to make your visit as successful as possible while providing the best patient care.
Here are some of the new policies we are implementing across our hospital and clinics to make your visit a safe experience:
- Universal masking policies for staff and families (exceptions for children/families with special needs)
- Screeners at entrances to check for COVID-19 symptoms
- An employee will greet you at the clinic and will check you in while minimizing the number of forms and devices that you will have to touch.
- As many patients as possible will be moved to a private exam room immediately upon checking in. For patients who do have to stay in waiting rooms, chairs have been spaced apart and signs will emphasize social distancing.
- All exam rooms, medical equipment, and shared spaces will continually be disinfected throughout the day, and all staff are screened for COVID-19 every day.
If you have concerns about safety, we encourage you to pick up the phone and talk to your provider. Each of our specialty areas are engaging in the above precautions and are available to answer any questions you have. So give us a call; we're looking forward to re-connecting with you and your child!
For more information about the safety measures we are taking, please see UR Medicine Redesigned.