What is Arthritis & Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation?
UR Medicine's Approach
Our physiatrists specialize in conservative, non-surgical treatment of diseases and injuries. Some of our treatments include:
- Prescription of non-narcotic medications
- Injections to relieve pain and inflammation, such as cortisone injections for the hip, knee, and shoulder
- Viscosupplementation (gel injections) for the knee
- Non-surgical treatments such as Coolief (nerve ablation) for the knee
- Trigger point injections for myofascial neck pain
- Use of braces and other orthotic devices
- Physical and occupational therapy
What Sets Us Apart?
We’re the only academic medical center in the area, so our physicians are also involved in studies of the latest treatments. That means our patients’ care is informed by the very latest findings and research.
Our physicians have won awards for both the care they provide and the research they do, and they’ve published papers and books as leaders in their field.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations