5901 Lac De Ville Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14618
Daily Visiting Hours 11 a.m.−9 p.m.
Here at The Highlands at Brighton, you'll find more specialty care services than at any other transitional or long-term care facility in our region. We can offer this comprehensive care because of our affiliation with UR Medicine, the region's leading provider of every kind of medical expertise.
Browse our job openings and submit your resume.Join Our Team
Patient & Visitor Information
Our proximity to UR Medicine and the professional medical complex at Clinton Crossings provides you with access to virtually any medical consultation, assessment, evaluation or service you or your loved one requires. The following is a list on-site services and providers we have:
- Full-time nurse practitioners
- Full-time UR Medicine physicians
- Full-time registered dietitians
- Dental services
- Lab services
- Monthly visits by Podiatrists and optometrists
- Hospice services available through Visiting Nurse Service (VNS)
Daily from 11 a.m.−9 p.m.
COVID Visitation Update
Highlands at Brighton has resumed limited in-person visitation following New York State regulations.
Working to Keep Residents and Staff Members Safe
Any staff member with symptoms of COVID, being tested for COVID, or having a diagnosis of COVID, are kept out of work until they have been symptom-free for several days, and cleared to return to work by the Monroe County Health Department.
We have adapted the latest evidence-based local and federal health guidelines to protect residents and staff from the risk of COVID. These include:
- Requiring all staff to undergo health screening prior to reporting to work
- Screening all staff for symptoms and fever every time they enter our facilities
- Universal masking for all staff while they are in our facilities
- Elimination of large resident group activities and communal dining
- Using virtual medical appointments whenever possible so that residents do not need to leave our buildings
- Screening all new residents on admission for possibility of recent COVID exposure or infection
- Regular disinfection of all units, nursing stations and treatment areas
Give to the Highlands at BrightonDonate Now
Transitional, Post-Acute Care and Rehabilitation
With a team of on-site medical professionals, The Highlands at Brighton brings you the medical expertise of UR Medicine. You or your loved one will benefit from our collaborative approach to all forms of medicine. Our physicians, physiatrists, dietitians, therapists and other medical professionals work together to provide you a seamless transition by maintaining your connection to your own doctors at UR Medicine.
- Therapy Including Physical, Occupational and Speech
- Therapy available up to seven days a week
- Post-joint replacement therapy
- Recreation room with kitchen
- In-house pharmacy
- Long-term and transitional care
- Diabetic, surgical and complex wound care
- Wound Vacs
- Intravenous medications (IV's)
- Stroke recovery rehabilitation
- Tracheostomy care
- Ventricular Assist Device(VAD) care
- Congestive heart failure and other cardiac rehabilitation
- Pre- and post-bariatric care, counseling and rehabilitation
Neurological and behavioral disorders can cause a wide variety of issues, making each case unique and often complex. If your loved one needs specialized care, there's no better place to find it. Our patients benefit from our collaboration with UR Medicine, providing the expertise of neurologists, neuropsychologists and therapists to help us determine the right care options for your loved one's individual case.
The challenges of memory impairment can require round-the clock vigilance, something that even the most devoted home caregivers cannot always provide. At the Highlands, we have the staff, security protections and expertise to care for your loved one at any stage of dementia. Our secure facility also provides step-down services, providing patients a supportive environment in the least restrictive setting necessary.
At The Highlands at Brighton, we combine excellence in ventilator care with a focus on mobility, independence and involvement in activities. We are one of only three facilities in Monroe County to have a Ventilator Unit. Our experienced medical and care teams will help you or your loved one to enjoy the opportunity to socialize and participate in activities of your choice—and, when possible, to have freedom from the ventilator itself.
Our Pandemic Response Policy and Procedures
The Highlands at Brighton is located in the Clinton Crossings complex, close to UR Medicine's Orthopaedics, Clinical Cardiology Group,Dialysis Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Rheumatology Clinic, and primary care physicians.
The Highlands at Brighton
5901 Lac De Ville Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14618