What is General Dentistry?
General dentists prevent, evaluate, diagnose, and treat diseases of the mouth as well as maintain the function and appearance of the teeth. Many oral diseases and abnormalities can be a sign of other diseases, so a general dentist may refer patients to their physician or a specialist for further evaluation or treatment.
UR Medicine's Approach
We provide the following services:
- Complete exams, x-rays, and dental cleanings
- Fillings, root canals, and extractions
- Cosmetic dentistry, such as whitening and porcelain and composite veneers
- Implants—placement and restoration
- Crowns, bridges, full and partial dentures
- Oral appliances for control of sleep apnea
- Preventive care, periodontal therapy, and nutritional counseling
- Relaxation techniques using nitrous oxide sedation
What Sets Us Apart?
At UR Medicine Eastman Dental, we believe you deserve a healthy smile at an affordable price. We make access to dental care easy by accepting most insurances and offering dental care at six convenient locations.
Our services are provided by dental residents and overseen by expert faculty dentists. Our resident dentists come from all parts of the world, bringing you global expertise coupled with the cutting-edge research and knowledge of the University of Rochester Medical Center.
If you prefer a private practice setting, that offers full-service family dental care provided by dentists and dental specialists, our University Dental Faculty Group may be for you.
No dental concern is too small or large for the professionals at Eastman Dental’s General Dentistry Division.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations