Make Appointments & Get Care
The Nephrology Division at the University of Rochester Medical Center provides kidney care to patients at Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, FF Thompson Hospital, Geneva General Hospital, and St. James Hospital.
This includes a compressive kidney transplant program and support for our pancreas, heart, and liver transplant patients.
Many patients see us for in-center hemodialysis, home dialysis, and peritoneal dialysis. Our providers also work closely with the Advanced Heart Failure Program at URMC, providing nephrology care to patients with ventricular assist devices and total artificial heart transplantation.
We also conduct research, keeping us on the cutting edge of new cures. Our principal investigators are funded by leading sources, including the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, private foundations and pharmaceutical companies.
UR Medicine's Approach
We take a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to all aspects of Nephrology, bringing other teams and their expertise together as needed so you get the best care. We work closely with:
- Transplant surgeons to assist in the care of kidney transplant patients, both before and after surgery
- Urologists in the Kidney Stone Treatment Center for the management of kidney stones
- Endocrinologists for the management of diabetic nephropathy and adrenal causes of hypertension
- Cardiologists who care for patients with cardiorenal syndrome
- Rheumatologists for co-management of lupus nephritis and other autoimmune disorders of the kidney, including glomerulonephritis and vasculitis
To request a physician's appointment in general nephrology, call (585) 275-4517. To schedule an appointment with a physician in transplant nephrology, call (585) 275-7753. If you must cancel your appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
What Sets Us Apart?
As the home to upstate New York’s only cardiac and liver transplant programs, and the first in the Northeast to offer robotic surgery for kidney transplant, UR Medicine is a pioneer in transplantation.
Our multi-disciplinary team of specialists will ensure you have all the information you need and work with you to develop a plan that is tailored to your needs.
Our providers are highly trained to treat the most complex kidney conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic kidney disease
- End stage renal disease
- Kidney transplant
- Glomerular disease
- Renal complications of advanced heart failure
We believe in a holistic approach, treating the whole patient and providing individualized care that is best for you.
Our basic science researchers are studying the mechanisms underlying disease to find new approaches to treatment. Our clinical trials give our patients access to the most current medical treatments, often years before they become available at other hospitals.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Related Services & Conditions
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Failure
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Pancreas & Pancreas-Kidney Transplant
- Kidney Transplant
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)