- Open to foreign trained and US/Canadian trained dentists
- Three-year program, meeting the Commission on Dental Accreditation and the American Board of Prosthodontics requirements
- Three applicants accepted each year
- Admission and eligibility
All phases of prosthodontics are taught, including dental implants, with emphasis on the practical application of various treatments.
Approximately one-third of the time is committed to lectures, seminars, and research; the remainder is for clinical treatment and laboratory procedures.
Residents will complete procedures in all phases of fixed and removable prosthodontics, including complete oral reconstruction using various techniques. Clinical supervision of general dentistry residents adds to the training experience.
You’ll learn about fixed and removable prosthodontics, occlusion, TMJ dysfunction, maxillofacial prosthetics, cleft palate prostheses, implants, and implantology. After completing all required courses, residents may select, with faculty approval, the courses most appropriate to their needs. Students have opportunities to present lectures and participate in combined seminars with other disciplines.
Prosthodontic Course Listing
Residents learn to critically evaluate research and determine its potential application to clinical procedures. Residents will conduct a research project under faculty supervision.
Residents accepted into graduate academic programs at the University of Rochester's School of Medicine and Dentistry must complete a major research project and submit a thesis reporting on their investigation.
Other Educational Opportunities
Residents may apply to the University of Rochester's School of Medicine and Dentistry to combine course work and research toward a Master’s or Ph.D. degree while pursuing their program in prosthodontics at Eastman Dental.
Please see the Prospective Applicant letter for information about tuition and other fees.
- Majd Al-Mardini, D.D.S.
- Mariane Bafile, D.M.D.
- Izchak Barzilay, D.D.S., M.S.
- Antonio Bello, D.D.S
- Alan Brodine, D.M.D.
- Konstantinos Chochlidakis, D.D.S.
- Carlo Ercoli, D.D.S.
- Marco Ferrari, M.D., D.D.S., Ph.D.
- Vladimir Frias, D.D.S., M.S.
- Daniel Galindo, D.D.S.
- Mario Ganddini, D.D.S.
- Gerald Graser, D.D.S., M.S.
- Heeje Lee, D.D.S.
- Ronald Jarvis, D.D.S., M.S.
- Julian Kahn, D.D.S.
- Frank Lamar Jr, D.D.S.
- Carlo Poggio, D.D.S., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Evangelos Rossopoulos, D.D.S.
- Ronald Sambursky, D.M.D.
- James Soltys, D.D.S.
- Ross Tallents, D.D.S.
- John P. Zarb, D.D.S., M.Sc.
Our Recent Publications
Member, the American College of Prosthodontists.