The Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship is an ACGME accredited fellowship at the University of Rochester Medical Center. This is a three-year fellowship, with one fellow matched each year. Each fellow will be expected to complete and present one thesis level project prior to graduation.
Didactic experiences include:
Weekly Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Conference. No clinics or surgical cases are held during that time to allow for maximum faculty participation. The fellows will work with residents in preparing all cases for Tumor Board, including a review of the potential treatment options for patients with the relevant literature/studies supporting those recommendations being cited and discussed.
- Weekly departmental grand rounds
- Weekly fellowship didactics, which will include faculty lectures as well as:
- Pre-operative conference with the team discussing the surgical cases for the upcoming week.
- Review of the on-service attendings chemotherapy/immunotherapy patients (both on/off trial) for the upcoming week.
- Monthly Gynecologic Oncology Mortality and Morbidity conference (Always Wanting to Improve Meeting)
- Journal club, conducted regularly at 4-6-week intervals.
- Gynecologic Pathology Consensus Conference (at least once per month), which will be led by the Division of Pathology and their fellows.
The goal of the clinical experience in Gynecologic Oncology is a concentrated, yet robust experience in the diagnosis, surgical, non-surgical management, and follow-up care of the entire spectrum of Gynecologic Oncology surgical diseases. In additional to core rotations in Gynecologic Oncology, the fellows will have block rotations in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, and with the faculty in the Departments of Colorectal Surgery, Radiation Oncology, and Palliative Care. The fellows will complete at-home call (no in-house call will be required). Currently, there are no opportunities for obtaining advanced degrees built into the curriculum. A sample block schedule can be found here.
- Year One: Research
- Year Two: Clinical
- Year Three: Clinical
Learn About Research within Program