Welcome to the URMC PREP Program!
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry understands the importance of diverse student representation. The Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) offers a 1-year biomedical research training opportunity to students from historically excluded and underrepresented groups who want to pursue a research doctorate. Our goal is to prepare students for successful entry into competitive PhD programs, as well as for careers as outstanding research scientists and leaders in the biomedical community.
1-Year Intensive Educational Training in Biomedical Research
- Develop research training skills during a new 2-week boot camp
- Acquire hands-on lab experience working on an NIH funded research project
- Work with one of over 70 faculty mentors across our biomedical research labs
- Receive full tuition scholarship to take graduate level courses
- Improve your scientific writing and oral communication skills
- Mentored focused training and network building
- Prepare to be a competitive applicant for PhD biomedical graduate programs
- Attend a scientific or professional development conference
PREP Scholars Receive an Annual Stipend of $31,933 and a re-location award of $1,000.
2024 Application is open now. The application deadline is May 1, 2024