Welcome to the URMC PREP Program!
The University of Rochester Medical Center School of Medicine and Dentistry (URSMD) continually strives to diversify student and faculty populations and thus to increase the number of graduate students currently underrepresented in the biomedical and health sciences. The Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) is designed to encourage underrepresented minorities who hold a recent baccalaureate degree in the biomedically-relevant sciences, to pursue a research doctorate, and to prepare these trainees for careers as outstanding research scientists and leaders in the biomedical community.
1-Year Intensive Educational Training in Biomedical Research
- Develop research training skills during a new 2-week boot camp
- Acquire hands-on lab experience working on an NIH funded research project
- Work with one of over 70 faculty mentors across our biomedical research labs
- Receive full tuition scholarship to take graduate level courses
- Improve your scientific writing and oral communication skills
- Mentored focused training and network building
- Prepare to be a competitive applicant for PhD biomedical graduate programs
PREP Scholars Receive an Annual Stipend of $31,933.
2022 Application will open in Fall - Application deadline will be May 1, 2022.