- The University of Rochester Medical Center is a large, tertiary referral center that treats a broad spectrum of nephrologic disease.
- Our two year clinical fellowship has the following structure:
- Core clinical experiences are interspersed over two years with 1:1 faculty supervision
- Fellows participate in a weekly continuity clinic with close faculty supervision
- Research and elective experiences are incorporated into both clinical years
- We support a busy solid organ transplantation program as well as several specialty Intensive Care Units.
- We partner closely with regional outpatient dialysis organizations and offer fellows ample exposure to outpatient hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and home hemodialysis.
- Our program offers the benefits of a large medical center within a training culture that values education and teamwork.
One of the nation's top academic medical centers, the University of Rochester Medical Center forms the centerpiece of the University's health research, teaching, patient care, and community outreach missions. With more than $145 million in federal research funding, UR School of Medicine research funding ranks in the top one-quarter of U.S. medical centers, while the School of Nursing ranks 12th highest in funding. The University's health care delivery network is anchored by Strong Memorial Hospital—an 846-bed, University-owned teaching hospital—which boasts programs that consistently rank among "America's Best Hospitals," according to U.S. News & World Report.
We are fortunate to house several nationally recognized advanced treatment centers within our institution, and we provide Nephrology Consultative Services to patients within these programs.
Area Dialysis Units
The URMC Nephrology Group serve as medical directors and Nephrologists to patients in several area dialysis units. Fellows have the opportunity to follow patients in these facilities, and work closely with providers and staff to provide care to our local Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis patients.
- In Center Hemodialysis
- Home Dialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Home Hemodialysis