Apeksha Chaturvedi, M.D.
Director, Pediatric Radiology Fellowship Program
Welcome to the Pediatric Radiology fellowship program! For potential trainees, I hope the information provided on our shared websites will prove useful in making the very important decision regarding where to pursue your fellowship.
Our program offers a robust clinical experience in pediatric radiology and several opportunities for collaborative research. The first year of fellowship is fully accredited by the ACGME for one fellow. Additional, focused subspecialty training in Pediatric Neuroradiology is available to qualified fellows who have successfully completed the first year of pediatric radiology fellowship. The Department rigorously supports research and educational endeavors.
- We serve as the premier pediatric and adolescent academic medical center for Western New York.
- The division currently has 6 faculty members and 4 to 8 resident trainees on rotation each month. Faculty members have a broad range of clinical expertise.
- Our facility boasts of state-of-the art imaging equipment, including a PET-MR (Siemens BioGraph mMR), a SOMATOM Definition Flash CT Scanner and ultrasound units including a GE Logiq 10 and Toshiba Aplio 500.
- We offer a well-rounded exposure to all aspects of pediatric imaging in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, and routinely interface with our referring subspecialty pediatric services including Oncology, Neonatology, Pulmonary medicine, Rheumatology, Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, Neurology, and Neurosurgery.
- Each fellow will receive one half day of academic time per week with many opportunities to engage in educational projects, quality projects and original research with faculty mentorship.
- Fellows are offered elective time to develop expertise in a focused area.