Welcome to the University of Rochester's Emergency Medicine Residency Program. It is our hope that as you peruse these pages that you will see a program dedicated to supporting you in your desire to become the best Emergency Medicine physician possible. Our three year program is based on a clinical volume of approximately 117,000 patients per year at a Level 1 Trauma Center.
Our strengths are numerous; however a few stand out that we would like to highlight:
- We treat a broad diversity of patients that come from a wide geographic region
- We actively foster incredible camaraderie within the residency
- We are a supportive and creative teaching environment
- We host passionate faculty from across the nation
- We live in a four-seasoned city, rich in culture, education and activities
- We are a Patient Family Centered Care with an abundance of clinical diversity
- We have nationally renowned, dedicated faculty individually committed to your success
- We have subspecialty expertise that allows your professional interests to be explored and developed
Residency Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Our program values inclusion regarding gender identity, race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and perspective as it fosters a better understanding of the unique human experience in and out of the healthcare setting. We are committed to training culturally sensitive physicians reflective of the diverse population we serve. We strive to graduate residents who continue to demonstrate the importance of diversity and inclusion by providing equitable care for all patients. At the University of Rochester, individual differences are welcomed, valued, and supported.
ED Green Team
The ED Green Team is a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, nursing, administration, operations, environmental services, pharmacy, etc, with the goal of making the hospital more sustainable and resilient. Founded by our ER physicians, there are numerous ongoing projects and ways to get involved.
ED Green Team