ERAS®—The Electronic Residency Application Service
ERAS is a service which transmits residency applications, recommendation letters, Dean's Letters, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from medical schools to residency program directors using the Internet.
Applicants to the Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatric Program are required to apply to the program using ERAS.
Applicants should contact their medical schools or see the ERAS web site for more information on this service.
Click here to begin registering on-line with ERAS.
Deadline for applications to be received is November 1, 2020
What We Require:
- Completed application form (CAF) (also printable in CV format)
- Personal Statement
- Transcript(s) from your medical school(s)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- USMLE scores, Steps I and II
- Recommendations: Four total, two from Internal Medicine and two from Pediatrics, are required. One letter from each discipline must be a departmental letter (usually coordinated by the clerkship director and chair).
- Visa type, if applicable (Only J-1 Visas accepted)
- An interview: Invitations for a personal interview will be arranged after the receipt of all the above materials. Interviews are by invitation only, and applicants will be notified about interviews by email.
- ECFMG number (if applicable)
All applicants, including international medical school graduates, must complete at least two months of clinical training in an ACGME-approved internal medicine or pediatric program. A listing of these programs can be found in the ACGME "green book." Observerships are not acceptable as clinical training. International medical school graduates who have met these requirements should include a letter to that effect from the clinical advisor of the rotation. For further information regarding the ERAS application process, contact the ECFMG.
About 2 weeks prior to your interview you will receive an email with reminders and details about your visit. If you have questions or requests about your upcoming interview please let us know so we can ensure that your visit meets your specific needs.
After your interview you will be sent a link to fill out a survey, we are very interested in your thoughts about the interview experience.
Due to COVID-19, like many other residency programs, our interview process will be done virtually for the 2020-21 year. We are planning to offer:
- Virtual tours of the medical center, Rochester community and our clinical sites
- Opportunities to speak live with current residents
- Online live interviews with program directors and faculty
- An informational session and wrap-up with the program director
- Information about our current trainees, alumni and life during residency
More details to come soon.
2020-21 Interview Dates
- November 5, 2020
- November 12, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- November 24, 2020
- December 3, 2020
- December 10, 2020
- December 17, 2020
- January 7, 2021
- January 14, 2021
- January 21, 2021