Admissions and Application Requirements
- Students must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in the biological, chemical or physical sciences with successful completion of the following courses and subject areas that include laboratory content :
- inorganic chemistry
- analytic chemistry and/or biochemistry
- physiology, with anatomy content
- molecular biology and diagnostics
- The following courses are also required:
- organic chemistry
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 with a minimum Math/Science GPA of 2.8.
- Advanced Placement Policy: The CMT program does not accept transfer credit for courses completed at other Clinical Laboratory Technician (same as MLT) or Clinical Laboratory Technology (same as MLS) programs
- Fulfill online application requirements
- Copy of Transcript/s (official transcript will be required after the interview)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- CV, resume or personal statement
- $60 application fee
- The courses are restricted to students matriculated in the Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technology Advanced Certificate Program unless prior approval is granted by the program director.
- The program minimum number of students is 1 and the maximum number is 16.
- Students that do not meet learning outcomes and targeted competencies as described in Section VII. must obtain approval from the program director to continue in the program.
Textbooks and Resources
Details will be made available on the syllabi prior to the start of the semester.