APP Fellowship Program In Urgent Care Medicine
Applications for the 2022-2023 fellowship class will be accepted, starting on January 1, 2022.
Application is in PDF format
The APP Fellowship Program in Urgent Care Medicine is a nine month post-graduate specialty training program for Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. The program is 75% clinical and 25% didactic and includes side-by-side education with the UR Medicine Emergency Medicine Physician Residency Program.
The APP Fellowship includes a core program of Urgent Care Medicine and also several specialty rotations meant to enhance Urgent Care provider education, including experiences in the Adult and Pediatric ED at Strong Memorial Hospital, Radiology, Orthopedics and EMS.
APP Fellowship Benefits
- APP Fellows are offered full employee benefits including CME allowance and paid vacation.
- The Fellowship program includes certifications such as:
- Fellowship applicants should be new graduate or early-career nurse practitioners or physician assistants with a strong interest in Urgent Care medicine.
- Applicants must be license-eligible in New York State.
- A complete application includes a resume or curriculum vitae, official academic transcript, 2 professional references (clinical & academic), and a letter of interest.
The application deadline for the 2022-2023 Urgent Care Fellowship program is March 1, 2022 and interviews will be conducted in March - April, 2022.
For more information, or to submit your electronic application, please contact:
Heidi Springer, MSN, FNP-C, CCRN
Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care APP Fellowship Director
Director of Emergency Medicine APPs