APP Fellowship Program In Urgent Care Medicine
Applications for the Fall 2018 fellowship class will be accepted, starting on January 1st, 2018.
Application is in PDF format
The APP Fellowship Program in Urgent Care Medicine is a six month post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. The program is 75% clinical and 25% didactic and includes side-by-side education with the UR Medicine Emergency Medicine Physician Residency Program.
The APP Fellowship includes a core program of Urgent Care Medicine and also several specialty rotations meant to enhance Urgent Care provider education, including experiences in the Adult and Pediatric ED at Strong Memorial Hospital, Radiology and Orthopedics.
APP Fellowship Benefits
- APP Fellows are offered full employee benefits including CME allowance and paid vacation.
- The Fellowship program includes certifications such as:
- Upon successful completion of the program, Fellows will be offered full-time medical staff positions in the Urgent Care centers
- Fellowship applicants should be new graduate or early-career nurse practitioners or physician assistants with a strong interest in Urgent Care medicine.
- Applicants must be license-eligible in New York State.
- A complete application includes a resume, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation from a clinical educator or colleague (APP or physician preferred).
The application deadline for the Fall 2018 Urgent Care Fellowship program is March 2nd, 2018 and interviews will be conducted in mid March 2018
For more information, or to submit your electronic application, please contact:
Heidi Springer, MSN, FNP-C, CCRN
Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care APP Fellowship Director
Director of Emergency Medicine APPs