Current Visitor Restrictions
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
Please Note: The COVID-19 pandemic is ever-changing. Policies may change without notice to keep everyone safe and minimize risk of spreading the virus. Individual units or locations may have additional restrictions in addition to these general guidelines. Please call ahead to confirm if additional restrictions are in effect.
General Visitation for In-Patients
- Patients with COVID: One visitor at a time is permitted for COVID-positive patients.
- OB Patients: During labor, one support person, two visitors and one doula are permitted. After delivery, one support person and one doula will be allowed to stay around the clock. Two visitors at a time are allowed during normal visiting hours. Multiple visitors areallowed during normal visiting hours, but only two at a time.
- Special Care Nursery: Two individuals may be designated as support persons and both may stay with the patient from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., but only one designated individual is permitted to spend the night. One visitor is allowed, following general hospital visitation guidelines. However, only two people are permitted at the bedside at the same time.
- End-of-life Patients: Patients who meet other criteria (e.g., end of life) may have more than two visitors at a time. This will be determined by the physician.
- Emergency Room:
- Patients in the Emergency Room:
- Patients in the Emergency Observation Unit:
Guidelines for Patients Having Surgery
- One visitor may accompany the patient through the pre-surgical process. The visitor is encouraged to leave the hospital when the patient goes into surgery, but may wait in the main lobby waiting area if it is not possible to leave and come back to the hospital once the patient is out of surgery.
- If the patient is admitted after surgery, the visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Highland Procedures Center, Radiology, Cardiology & Vascular and Radiation Oncology
- Each patient may have one support person.
- Support person may wait in the sitting area by the appointment.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- A hospital-issued mask (we will provide) must be worn at all times. Wear your mask correctly: nose and mouth must be covered.
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer – ask for some if none is available to you.
- Individuals who are sick or suspected of having COVID may not visit.
- Check in and check out in the main lobby.
- Use public restrooms; not the bathrooms in the patient rooms.
- Check out in the main lobby when exiting the hospital.
- When you check in, you will receive a visitor pass – which is only a one-day pass.
- Stay in the patient’s room: no walking in the halls unless necessary. If you smoke, please bring nicotine replacement.