Current Visitor Restrictions
As COVID-19 cases have declined across the state, Highland Hospital is now in a position to resume limited visitation for hospitalized patients and the ability for people having appointments in the hospital to bring a support person with them. Individuals who have traveled internationally must have been in the US for 10 days since their return, even if being able to demonstrate having tested negatively for COVID, proof of recovery or proof of vaccination.
Visitors will not be allowed for COVID-19 positive or quarantined patients. In addition, visitors and support persons will not be allowed in the Emergency Room. Obstetrics patients will be allowed one support person, but no visitors. This is to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Please note that visitation may not be allowed on some units and visitation policies may change at any time .
- Patients may designate one support person during labor, delivery, and postpartum period, including medical post-partum re-admissions
- A doula is considered part of the care team, and may be present in addition to one designated support person
- Please park in the ramp garage next to the hospital
- Support persons will be screened in the lobby, identification will be checked, and temperature taken
- Support persons must wear a surgical mask at all times
- Support persons must stay in the hospital during the patient's stay
- Support persons may leave the room, masked, to purchase food and beverage in the cafeteria, coffee shop, gift shop, or vending machines and then return directly to the patient room
Surgical masks are required to be worn throughout your stay in the hospital. This is for your safety, the safety of our staff, and the safety of others. Learn more about the masking requirements.
Until further notice, visitors must use the following entrance at Highland Hospital:
- Main Lobby entrance (open 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- North Lot entrance (open 6:00 am to 4:00 pm)
Parking is available in the ramp garage and the North Lot.
Bringing in Items for a Patient
We allow our patients to receive personal items from home. Food is not allowed to be brought into the hospital, but you may bring your loved ones items such as clothing, reading materials, pictures, etc.
We ask that you please do the following when you drop off items.
- Items are to be brought to the Main Lobby of Highland Hospital. The lobby is open open 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Items are to be placed in a bag and labeled appropriately:
- Patient Name
- Patient Room #
- Name of person dropping off items
- Contact information (phone) of the person dropping off the items
Please note that Highland Hospital does not assume responsibility for any patient belongings that are kept in patient’s rooms.