Current Visitor Restrictions
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
One visitor is permitted at a time for each hospitalized patient.
- A patient can have any number of visitors throughout their hospital stay, but only one can visit at a time.
- A total of two individuals can visit per day, but at different times. Each visitor can visit for up to 4 hours.
If a patient has only one visitor, that person can stay the entire day, and can leave the hospital and return during that day’s visiting time.
Visitors taking turns to visit a patient are asked to switch outside of the hospital.
All visitors must be at least 18 years old.
Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Visitation is limited to up to 4 consecutive hours per visitor, per day.
- Patients with COVID: No visitors unless they meet one of the other exceptions.
- OB Patients in Labor: 1 identified support person and 1 visitor or doula during labor. After delivery, the support person is permitted to stay, and the visitor/doula can visit up to 4 hours each day.
- End-of-life Patients: 2 individuals may visit at the same time.
- Emergency Room: No visitors are allowed in the Emergency Room The only exception is for patients for whom a support person is deemed essential to care due to intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, cognitive impairments including dementia, and any patients facing imminent end of life
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 2 support persons per day will be allowed to visit the patient, at the same time, for up to four hours between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Both support persons may be present at the same time.
- Each support person may have one visit per day.
Guidelines for Patients Having Surgery
- 1 visitor may accompany the patient through the pre-surgical process, but must leave the premises once the patient goes into surgery.
- If the patient is admitted after surgery, the visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Highland Procedures Center, Radiology, Cardiology & Vascular and Radiation Oncology
- Each patient may have one support person.
- Support person may wait in the sitting area by the appointment.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- A hospital-issued mask (we will provide) must be worn at all times. Wear your mask correctly: nose and mouth must be covered.
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer – ask for some if none is available to you.
- Individuals who are sick or suspected of having COVID may not visit. You will be screened for symptoms on arrival to the hospital, and your temperature will be checked.
- After screening, you will receive a visitor pass – which is only a one-day pass.
- Social distance: stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Stay in your patient’s room: no walking in the halls unless necessary. If you smoke, please bring nicotine replacement.
- When you leave the hospital, help everyone stay safe: remain masked, wash your hands after visiting, and maintain social distancing.